Paulie

"Paulie has moments of minor charm but lacks the magic to fully capture the imaginations of either children or adults."
‑ Todd McCarthy, Variety
"Unusual and surprisingly agreeable."
‑ Louis B. Parks, Houston Chronicle
"Talking bird on a coming-of-age journey with some peril."
‑ Tracy Moore, Common Sense Media
"My head still throbs from being hit repeatedly with blunt life lessons."
‑ Ron Wells, Film Threat
"Surprisingly enjoyable."
‑ John R. McEwen, Film Quips Online
"Shalhoub gives an impressively nuanced performance in the dangerously cliched role, and Paulie -- a combination of trained parrots, animatronics, and the voice of Mohr -- comes across as a fully developed character."
‑ Lisa Alspector, Chicago Reader
"The film is aimed at children, I suppose, although I don't think they'll like Paulie all that much. I didn't."
"True family entertainment that caters for grown-ups as much as for kids."
‑ , Film4
"Family viewing that soars"
‑ Clint Morris, Moviehole
"It features smart, emotional storytelling, skillful filmmaking and solid, yuk-worthy jokes."
‑ Margaret A. McGurk, Cincinnati Enquirer
"A perfect family movie with the intelligence, humor and hug-me moments to be a great first-date movie, too. Just remember to bring a hankie."
‑ Bob Heisler, Los Angeles Times
"Paulie has elements of a good weepy, but overall it never quite gels beyond being a passable novelty."
‑ Peter Stack, San Francisco Chronicle
"The story is rooted in real feelings and relationships, and parents will find as much to enjoy as children."
‑ Maitland McDonagh, TV Guide's Movie Guide
"Its star is a very appealing little guy. Parents will be mildly amused, too."
‑ Robin Clifford, Reeling Reviews
"Paulie isn't a complicated film, but it is heartfelt. And for a change, parents in the theater won't feel embarrassed by the things their children are laughing at."
‑ Jeffrey Westhoff, Northwest Herald (Crystal Lake, IL)