Pierrot le Fou (Pierrot Goes Wild) (Crazy Pete)
Pierrot le Fou (Pierrot Goes Wild) (Crazy Pete)

"A wild-eyed, everything-in-the-pot cross-processing of artistic, cinematic, political and personal concerns, where the story stutters, splinters and infuriates its way to an explosive finale."
‑ David Jenkins, Time Out
"The result is repetitive and precious rather than inventive and fresh."
‑ Variety Staff, Variety
"As with many other Godard films, I didn't like Pierrot le Fou the first time I saw it, but it stuck with me, and months later, I couldn't wait to see it again. Now I believe it's a masterpiece."
‑ Jeffrey M. Anderson, Combustible Celluloid
"And then theres the color. As much as anything, "Pierrot" is a film about red and blue, as well as a little bit of yellow and green."
‑ Christopher Long, Movie Metropolis
"This sparkling, anarchic 1965 thriller is vintage Godard."
‑ Philip French, Observer [UK]
"So challenging and prolific has been Godard's 53-year career that virtually all of his films are as deserving of revival as Pierrot le Fou."
‑ Kevin Thomas, Los Angeles Times
"Unmissable."
‑ Melissa Anderson, Time Out New York
"Pierrot is a self conscious mash up of every movie genre that Godard loves, of every movie he has made, of all the artistic references (music, painting, literature) that have influenced or affected him"
‑ Dan Jardine, Cinemania
"Theirs is, in their own words, 'A story,' 'All mixed up,' and their self-construction mimics that of their true Creator, the ever-experimental auteur Jean-Luc Godard. [Blu-ray]"
‑ Peter Canavese, Groucho Reviews
"An eye-poppingly vivid exercise in genre-busting filmmaking. Here is one of the most persistently intriguing directors of the 1960s at his most watchable and entertaining."
‑ Jon Fortgang, Film4
"Made in 1965, this film, with its ravishing colors and beautiful 'Scope camerawork by Raoul Coutard, still looks as iconoclastic and fresh as it did when it belatedly opened in the U.S."
‑ Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
"I once wrote of it as "Godard's most virtuoso display of his mastery of Hollywood genres," I now see it more as the story of silly characters who have seen too many Hollywood movies."
"An idiosyncratic work by a filmmaker trotting out his obsessions of the moment and committing them to film without much regard for actual meaning."
‑ Ken Hanke, Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)
"At its worst, in some of its improvised rambles, it demonstrates the value of a well-thought-out screenplay. At its exhilarating and poignant best, it proves that a film can play all sorts of postmodern games yet still touch its viewers' emotions."
‑ Edward Porter, Times [UK]
"Godard opens up his box of tricks and tips it all over the screen in a flurry of improvised, postmodernism that takes scattergun shots at consumerism, cultural imperialism and the Vietnam and Algerian wars."
‑ Ed Potton, Times [UK]