Pina
Pina is a feature-length dance film in 3D with the ensemble of the Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch, featuring the unique and inspiring art of the great German choreographer, who died in the summer of 2009. Pina is a film for Pina Bausch by Wim Wenders. He takes the audience on a sensual, visually stunning journey of discovery into a new dimension: straight onto the stage with the legendary Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch ensemble, he follows the dancers out of the theatre into the city and the surrounding areas of Wuppertal - the place, which for 35 years was the home and centre for Pina… More

"Watching Pina is like being inside one of Bausch's surreal pieces."
‑ Jordan Levin, Miami Herald
"A unique and often sublime artistic experience, "Pina" is a 3-D dance film that immerses us in the movement, letting us feel that we could reach out and touch these dancers as they float past us."
‑ Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times
"A stirring and solid tribute to the late dance instructor."
‑ John Hanlon, Big Hollywood
"...as beautiful as it is perplexing."
‑ Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"'Undefeated' won the Oscar, but the most truly inspiring of the Documentary Feature nominees is 'Pina.' I know next to nothing about dance, and I was mesmerized."
‑ John Beifuss, Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)
"A remarkable -- and likely enduring -- tribute to an artist committed to creating dance theater drawn from humanity's deepest physical and emotional reserves."
‑ Caroline Palmer, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"For anyone with an interest in dance, "Pina" is a must-see. For anyone not interested in contemporary dance, "Pina" is a should-see. It could change your mind."
‑ Richard Nilsen, Arizona Republic
"a stark, invigorating reminder that great art never dies with the artist"
‑ James Kendrick, Q Network Film Desk
"Joy, anger, terror, grief - the entire range of human experience can be found in these dances."
‑ Rob Thomas, Capital Times (Madison, WI)
"Mondern-dance documentary is visually dazzling but it doesn't make the slightest effort to invite the unconverted to the party."
‑ Mike Scott, Times-Picayune
""Pina" isn't just for dance fans or those curious about the latest in 3-D. It's a celebration of life."
‑ Calvin Wilson, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"Pina is a tribute of an artist by an artist, a friend to a friend. But its great genius comes from the mournful, as well as celebratory, reckoning of the performers Bausch pushed, collaborated with and inspired."
‑ Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post
"The creative marriage of two real artists, Pina and Wim, turns out better than even a Dale Carnegie bred optimist could hope for"
‑ Dan Jardine, Cinemania
"Wenders usa sua própria forma de expressão artística (o Cinema) para recriar e enriquecer a obra de Bausch."
‑ Pablo Villaca, Cinema em Cena
"Bring someone who doubts that movies can surprise us anymore. ... Bring somebody who isn't yet excited about stereoscopic cinema. They'll change their minds."
‑ Jeffrey Overstreet, Looking Closer