Plastic Planet
We live in the age of plastic. It's cheap and practical, and it's everywhere - even in our blood. But is it a danger to us? The plastic industry annually generates hundreds of billions of dollars. Every industrial sector in the world today is dependent on plastic. The amount of plastic we have produced since it was invented would be enough to cover the entire globe six times over. But this inexpensive and convenient substance comes with a hefty price. Plastic stays in the ground and water system for up to 500 years. It is found on every beach in the world. Numerous studies have proven… More

Buy SD $9.99 Rent SD $2.99
- -

"Sniffing and licking as he goes, and pausing to rub his face vigorously with bioplastics, the director favors a peripatetic style that staves off boredom but is frustratingly shallow."
‑ Jeannette Catsoulis, New York Times
"You must see this beautifully filmed cautionary tour of plastic-glutted landfills, plastic-strewn deserts and into human arteries where plastic beads compete with platelets for space."
‑ Jennifer Merin, About.com
"Plastic Planet isn't a particularly distinguished film, but it delivers a worthwhile message."
‑ Ethan Alter, NYC Film Critic
"Boote's strong film will make you look at the floating plastic bag from American Beauty in a new, wholly suspicious way."
‑ Mark Keizer, Boxoffice Magazine
"Disturbing, cautionary documentary that will make you rethink the products with which you surround yourself."
‑ Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter
"[VIDEO] "Plastic Planet" is an informative and entertaining documentary that builds its case logically, without making pedantic judgments. This lively documentary might help the planet."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"[Boote] is somewhere between [Michael] Moore's obnoxious antagonist ... and Ross McElwee's ancestral investigator"
‑ Christopher Campbell, Cinematical
"A must-see for anyone even remotely interested in the staggering health costs of plastic to humans and the planet itself."
‑ Ernest Hardy, Village Voice
"Both humorous and horrifying, this documentary drives home the point that we are dying from our own materiality."
‑ Eric Monder, Film Journal International
"Jumping breathlessly from one short segment to another, jetting from one corner of the world to another, the director aims to make up in breadth what he sacrifices in depth."
‑ Andrew Schenker, Slant Magazine