Poseidon
Set adrift in the vast waters of the North Atlantic for a luxury New Year's Eve party staged in the ship's magnificent ballroom, the massive ocean-liner Poseidon receives an unexpected jolt when a rogue, 100-foot wave rolls it completely upside down, forcing the surviving passengers to fight their way to safety in Das Boot director Wolfgang Petersen's waterlogged blockbuster. Trapped beneath the waterline and implored by the captain to remain in place until a rescue team arrives, the panicked survivors struggle to keep their cool as the water begins to rush in, infernos blaze all… More

"Petersen's expert direction ensures it remains gripping, keeping the tension ratcheted right up and commendably steering it all home within 100 minutes."
‑ Nick Funnell, Time Out
"... a waterlogged, unnecessary re-imagining of the cheesy blockbuster from the Seventies heyday of disaster films."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"If you liked the original movie, you might like this remake as well."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis
"A handful of the passengers may eventually get out of the ship alive, but nothing, it seems, can save them from Mark Protosevich's sinking script. At least it looks good as it goes down."
‑ Anton Bitel, Eye for Film
"I left the film with one burning question: if I can't get a cell phone signal when I stand in a certain part of my back yard, how in the heck can you get one miles out to sea?"
‑ Michael A. Smith, Nolan's Pop Culture Review
"Poseidon betrays a studio mindset that can only hasten the current erosion of movie attendance -- skimping on human content while betting heedlessly on boom boom boom and gurgle gurgle gurgle."
‑ Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal
"Throughout the movie, Petersen has a dynamic feel for the rush and heave of the deluge, the pent-up energy, the sheer heft and momentum."
‑ David Denby, New Yorker
"Let it drown"
‑ Fernando F. Croce, CinePassion
"Where the original had the distinct flavor of 1970s kitsch ... Petersen's movie has loads of CGI and a cameo appearance from Black Eyed Peas front woman Fergie."
‑ Felix Gonzalez Jr., DVD Review
"full review in Greek"
‑ Joseph Proimakis, Movies for the Masses
"As a humanist, I applaud the respect for life, but I miss the campy fun. The movie is, in all senses, a big downer."
‑ David Edelstein, New York Magazine
"There's never any doubt that some of these uninteresting people will make the passage through hell to the hull, it's only a question of which ones. And whether we'll still be there to see whom."
‑ Geoff Pevere, Toronto Star
"It's a carnival ride, with shocks, endless stunts, and when you're done, you've forgotten it and moved on to something better."
"It swims but it's one of those sloppy dog paddles your kid brother does more than an Olympic freestyle."
‑ Brian Tallerico, UGO
"It certainly isn't as dramatic as Titanic, and the original Poseidon Adventure is still slightly better."
‑ Russ Breimeier, Christianity Today