Prete-moi ta main (I Do: How to Get Married and Stay Single)
Prete-moi ta main (I Do: How to Get Married and Stay Single)
Life is easy for 43-year-old Luis, a happy single guy, fulfilled in his job of star nose with a perfume creation company, cosseted by his mother and five sisters. It could have lasted for a whole life, but fed up with mollycoddling and helping him, his mother and sisters decide it's time he got married, and the sooner the better!Surrounded and hounded by his family who think only of marrying him off, he comes up with an infallible plan: he'll find the perfect woman who'll pretend to be his fiancee and then, on the day of the wedding, will cruelly dump him. After that, for certain… More

Buy SD $6.99 -
- -

"A heavily contrived, undemanding and often funny mainstream Paris-set comedy-drama."
‑ Wally Hammond, Time Out
"Proof that the French can make romcoms as annoying as ours."
‑ Anthony Quinn, Independent
"A sugary romcom from France, thin on characterisation but carried off with a certain brio."
‑ Peter Bradshaw, Guardian
"The old gender-tussle tune is played lightly and wittily, with a streak of mischief peppering any risk of schmaltz."
‑ Kevin Harley, Total Film
"Family relationships are in the spotlight in this pull-me, push-me tug of war of emotions that tackles all our differences head-on. It's funny and sweet."
‑ Urban Cinefile Critics, Urban Cinefile
"Remains in conventional (if enjoyable) movie territory from start to finish."
‑ Lisa Nesselson, Variety
"Prominent base notes of chauvinism and insincerity here."
‑ Tim Robey, Daily Telegraph
"A jaunty, very funny comedy juiced up by a light touch and crack timing from two perfectly matched lead actors."
‑ Leigh Singer, Film4
"Charming performances make this an easy watch."
‑ Anna Smith, Empire Magazine
"(...) Es el tipo de película sobre la cual no puede decirse nada demasiado positivo ni demasiado negativo. A veces está bueno ir al cine sabiendo que no hay que esperar más que eso."
‑ Enrique Buchichio, Uruguay Total
"A stilted, intermittently winsome story."
‑ Karl French, Financial Times
"Every now and then the wry character-comedy that I Do could have been peeks out, only to be kicked in the head by - say - a cringeworthy fake bondage scene."
‑ Ann Kelly, BBC.com
"Perhaps, buried in all of this, there is meant to be some comment on the emasculated state of modern man -- but really it is the film itself that comes off half-cocked."
‑ Anton Bitel, Eye for Film