Pride and Prejudice
Jane Austen's perennially popular story of the game of love among the British upper classes returns to the screen in this polished film adaptation. The Bennets (Brenda Blethyn and Donald Sutherland) are the parents of five daughters near the close of the 18th century. Comfortable within their means but well short of rich, Mr. and Mrs. Bennet are looking for suitable husbands for their girls, and they are encouraged to learn that an eligible young bachelor from a wealthy family, Charles Bingley (Simon Woods), has moved into a nearby estate. Eager to see if a match can be made, the Bennets… More

"It's a fitfully engaging romance, it's just not Pride and Prejudice."
‑ Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
"Dare I say that even Jane Austen herself would have delighted in the final triumph of Ms. Knightley's quick-witted Elizabeth in this film? Yes, I do, and all the highbrow and middlebrow cinephobes of the world be damned."
‑ Andrew Sarris, New York Observer
"This movie was stuffy, boring, cumbersome and all around annoying to me."
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
"Pride and Prejudice is a gorgeous and well-acted adaptation."
"Quite literally, a delightful surprise."
‑ Rex Roberts, Film Journal International
"Keira's cat-smile suggests such supernal all-knowingness that, with Austen's adapted dialogue (via Deborah Moggach) tripping off her tongue, she comes off as an eighteenth-century Maureen Dowd."
‑ Ken Tucker, New York Magazine/Vulture
"I just feel like I've seen this so many times."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"oe Wright should be applauded for delivering a vividly realised Austen adap -- one which confirms Knightley has graduated from the Jackie Bisset of the '00s to this decade's Julie Christie."
‑ Angie Errigo, Empire Magazine
"Director Joe Wright's filmic rendition of Jane Austin's classic novel is sumptuous but never fussy."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"... the classic chick flick story long before any flick found the word chick."
‑ Kevin A. Ranson, MovieCrypt.com
"Wright wastes no time in squeezing the plot into his just-over-two hours running time, but the film never feels rushed, particularly when so much of it is spent watching and waiting, as the characters come to understand the world they live in."
‑ Keith Phipps, AV Club
"As historically authentic-looking as Pride & Prejudice is, it has far more invested in emotional authenticity -- you feel engaged every moment."
‑ Stephanie Zacharek, Salon.com
"OMG I loved this movie so much that I have to turn in my Manly Man Club ID card now."
‑ Dave White, Movies.com
"za obi%u010Dnu publiku, %u010Dije %u0107e potrebe za kvalitetnim filmom zadovoljiti ova holivudska obrada knji%u017Eevnog evergrina, koja po svemu sude%u0107i nije posljednja."
‑ Dragan Antulov, Index.hr