P.S. I Love You
A grieving widow finds her husband's warmth radiating from the afterlife when she discovers that he left her a series of tasks to be revealed in ten monthly messages and designed to help her overcome her sorrow while gradually making the transition into a new life. Holly Kennedy (Hilary Swank) is a New York real estate broker whose good-humored husband, Irishman Gerry (Gerard Butler), always stood by her side. Suddenly, and seemingly out of nowhere, Gerry succumbs to a brain tumor and Holly is left to face an uncertain future. No one in the world knows Holly better than Gerry, not even her… More

"There's just enough here to recommend."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"It's the sort of movie that no man will ever go to unless dragged by a woman. His sole reward will be the sight of Swank in sexy underwear."
‑ Susan Walker, Toronto Star
"I hated every calculated second of it with a passion."
‑ David Keyes, Cinemaphile.org
"Lisa Kudrow, the designated comic relief, has never been so consistently unfunny, and Gina Gershon looks uncomfortable in every (pseudo-)inspirational moment."
‑ Matthew Sorrento, Film Threat
"You get the strong impression that no one involved wanted to risk being labeled "depressing," so they inserted a lot of lame comic moments into a film that doesn't need them."
‑ Mike McGranaghan, Aisle Seat
"Snippets of sharp, witty dialogue are lost in a sea of sappy clichés and too-cute-for-words plot twists."
‑ Jessica Reaves, Chicago Tribune
"The talented Swank is slumming a bit here, but she could -- and has -- done worse."
‑ Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times
"...a consistently watchable romantic comedy that's certainly a far cry from its underwhelming brethren..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"Hilary Swank may have two Oscars, but P.S. I Love You proves she has plenty to learn about romantic comedies."
‑ Christian Toto, Washington Times
"May be too womanly for a guy like me, but you don't have to be either sex to know all potential is dashed in a hail of clichés..."
"Some actors are better suited to straight-ahead dramas. Swank appears to be one of them."
‑ Claudia Puig, USA Today
"This is a movie that will leave you stunned and stupefied from beginning to end, if you don't head for the exits first."
‑ David Wiegand, San Francisco Chronicle
"Shmoopy or not, the movie worked for me."
‑ Heather Huntington, ReelzChannel.com
"Richard LaGravense's P.S. I Love You has plenty of sappy love-letter moments, but it's also a very touching and real-feeling look at the grieving process."
‑ Ryan Cracknell, Movie Views
"Swank gets it just right with a fine-tuned subtle expression of confusion, despondency and rage."
‑ Prairie Miller, NewsBlaze