Red Birds
"I've been looking at and filming birds obsessively and with great passion for a number of years. Since I've lived in New York, I've been dazzled by the splendid species I see during my visits in Central Park, as well as on the island of Martha's Vineyard off the coast of Massachusetts - the magnificent cardinal being the foremost example. Thus, the title of my new film: THE RED BIRDS (which has inspired Louise Bourgeois to create a work on paper specifically for the film). "This new work is a very personal portrayal of the relationship I've developed with my… More

"Eventually, the desire to scream "What, exactly, is going on here?" will become overwhelming."
‑ David Fear, Time Out New York
"Tedious, confusing, excessively poetic and an ultimately squandered opportunity to clearly and engagingly illuminate the life and work of 14 brilliant, important female artists."
‑ Avi Offer, NYC Movie Guru
"No comprehensive consideration of the creative process, Cornand's video unfolds as a series of modest riffs on the intersections of art, life, and womanhood."
‑ Andrew Schenker, Village Voice
"As each new bird chimes in, the experiment begins to prove irritating."
‑ Aaron Cutler, Slant Magazine
"You fly with these birds, nibble on berries and blossom and feed off of the each artist's incision. All of it inches closer to vivid listening and thinking"
‑ Matthew Nestel, Boxoffice Magazine