Rest Stop
The Hollywood dreams of two runaway lovers are suddenly transformed into living nightmares when a momentary pause at an abandoned roadside rest stop turns into a struggle for survival against a predator who sadism knows no boundaries in this tense nail-biter from X-Files writer and executive producer John Shiban. The west coast was a long way off, and when Jess and Nichole decided to stretch their legs at a deserted rest stop they could never have anticipated the terror that awaited them. Now Jess has disappeared, and a savage stranger with a penchant for cruel games has turned up in her… More

"It's an embarrassing half assed horror film that goes nowhere, and I couldn't stand it."
"...another of those films where we just wish the madman would dispatch the leading lady as quickly as possible and be done with it, putting her and us out our misery."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis
"Though certainly a cut above the majority of its straight-to-video horror brethren, Rest Stop is ultimately undone by the inclusion of several questionable elements..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"This is a flat horror effort that ranges from dull to unintentionally hilarious to, finally, tiresome."
‑ David Cornelius, eFilmCritic.com
"Totally derivative and without any particular surprises, [but] still a skillful exercise."
‑ Jeffrey M. Anderson, Combustible Celluloid
"absolutely riddled with plot holes, inconsistencies, and simple errors of logic"
‑ Christopher Null, Filmcritic.com