Ricordati di me, (Remember Me, My Love)
Ricordati di me, (Remember Me, My Love)
Gabriele Muccino's Ricordati di Me (Remember Me) is a drama about two generations in an Italian family. Carlo (Fabrizio Bentivoglio) and Giulia (Laura Morante) are a married couple who have each given up their aspirations in order to live an average life. Their 19-year-old son, Paolo (Silvio Muccino), is having trouble finding an identity, while their 18-year-old daughter, Valentina (Nicoletta Romanoff), has already figured out how to use sex to her advantage. The family goes through a crisis when Carlo begins having an affair, Giulia attempt to seduce the director of a local stage… More

"I liked it; you may not. It may come down to your level of fascination with people who scream and gesture wildly in melodramatic Italian."
‑ Michael Booth, Denver Post
"Remember Me, My Love is hard to forget."
‑ Ruthe Stein, San Francisco Chronicle
"small-minded and shallow"
‑ Christopher Null, Filmcritic.com
"The glimpses of human behavior feel genuine."
‑ Anthony Del Valle, Las Vegas Mercury
"Gabriele Muccino cunningly plays his characters as a unit and as individuals, allowing for a continual series of dramatic vignettes."
‑ Jeanne Aufmuth, Palo Alto Weekly
"It's an intriguing premise executed unintriguingly."
‑ Carrie Rickey, Philadelphia Inquirer
"Achieves the dubious distinction of featuring a large gallery of nearly all unlikable characters."
‑ Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter
"Gabriele Muccino essentially subjects the audience to what Giulia subjects her family to in the film: a lot of unnecessary drama."
‑ Matt Kelemen, Las Vegas CityLife
"Even Monica Bellucci as Carlo's former girlfriend can't save it from mediocrity."
‑ Jean Lowerison, San Diego Metropolitan
"Remember Me, My Love might sound like a love story, but it makes romance look pretty bleak."
‑ Mary F. Pols, Contra Costa Times
"The people in Remember Me, My Love evaporate the minute the lights come up."
‑ John Hartl, Seattle Times
"It's a narcissist's picnic; all of the characters are so unapologetically selfish in their passion to maximize their human potential that it's difficult to care about any of them, one way or another."
‑ Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times
"The film works as a slice of life but has nothing valuable to say about people or the way they conduct their relationships."
‑ Forrest Hartman, Reno Gazette-Journal
"For such a downbeat story, the film is full of humor and vivacity. The characters, though frustrated and delusional, are fully realized by the exceptional cast."
‑ Bill White, Seattle Post-Intelligencer
"A lively if overlong movie that allows for the full spectrum of human emotion and behavior."
‑ Brent Simon, Entertainment Today