Safe House

"The film's super-saturated look and quick cutting are mere substitutes for any real sense of intrigue."
‑ Bruce Diones, New Yorker
"I won't deny that the movie hooked me with sheer brute energy and dragged me along with it most of the way."
‑ Colin Covert, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"Everybody fights and everybody lies in a thriller that tries to glamorize spies while demonizing their profession."
‑ Kenneth R. Morefield, Christianity Today
"Safe House has a cast full of actors who would make any director blush with confidence, but each and every one of them is used as scenery for the action scenes."
‑ Benjo Colautti, We Got This Covered
"one of those spy thrillers that isn't nearly as thrilling, complex or engaging as the filmmakers think."
‑ Jeffrey Lyles, Lyles' Movie Files
"While director Espinosa hones in on the ambiguous battle between Weston's idealism and Frost's cynicism, British cinematographer Oliver Wood - who filmed the last two Bourne movies - shoots the hell out of everything."
‑ Nigel Floyd, Time Out
"Nothing really new here, but the cast is first-rate."
‑ Richard Roeper, Richard Roeper.com
"With a small amount of tweaking, Safe House could have been a knockout thriller. Instead, we have a film that shares the same notions as my school report cards: ' ...has potential, just needs to focus'."
‑ Adam Ross, The Aristocrat
"It doesn't say much about Safe House that I can only recall a grand total of about 2 minutes, and those are mostly moments that enjoy good quality character time rather than any flash-bang excitement."
‑ Matt Looker, TheShiznit.co.uk
"It's a flashy film, but in the end, Safe House is a dull, lifeless, noisy bore."
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
"This is a naive director with so little insight you wonder what comic books he's been reading."
‑ Rex Reed, New York Observer
""Safe House" has just enough bone density to emit some satisfying cracks and pops whenever the action gets going."
‑ Rafer Guzman, Newsday
"["Safe House"] becomes a prime example of why no matter how many chases and other action sequences they may throw into the mix, they can't even begin to make up for the more important elements."
‑ Jeff Beck, Examiner.com
"Denzel and Reynolds keep the bulk of the film fresh, gritty and intense."
‑ Justin Craig, FoxNews.com
"Safe House is fairly predictable at times, but it also boasts brutally intense, edge-of-your seat action and great star performances from Reynolds and Washington."
‑ R. L. Shaffer, IGN DVD