Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic
The film comprises Sarah Silverman's performance before a live audience interwoven with stylish musical numbers and backstage intrigue. Comedians Bob Odenkirk and Brian Posehn also make appearances along with Silverman's band, The Silver Men. Known as one of the funniest and most provocative people in comedy, Silverman has been compared to the legendary Lenny Bruce. Despite the current political climate, she takes on such pitch-black topics as September 11th, unwanted body hair and the Holocaust and spins them into decidedly un-PC comedic gold.

"Not to everyone's taste but her legions of internet fans won't be disappointed. Anyone who can come up with a line like 'I don't care if you think I'm a racist, I just want you to think I'm thin,' is okay in our books."
‑ Tim Arthur, Time Out
"As a concert film, Jesus Is Magic proves totally lacking in electricity, and for me, even the funnier lines produced only chuckles."
‑ Robert Denerstein, Denver Rocky Mountain News
"It's a brutally disappointing and unfunny movie for such a hilarious woman."
"By the end you'll feel like a bored parent trapped in the front row of the school play."
‑ Ellen E Jones, Total Film
"Her high-wire stage performance is unmissable all the same, particularly when she's taking aim at such untouchable sacred cows as Martin Luther King. "They only mention the good stuff! He was a litterbug.""
‑ Tim Robey, Daily Telegraph
"I wouldn't take my mother, but this stand-up movie is pretty funny."
‑ Bill Muller, Arizona Republic
"Jesus Is Magic is the second part of the title of comic Sarah Silverman's very funny, very wrong movie, which weaves wacky musical numbers and odd backstage moments with an L.A. performance of her one-woman show."
‑ Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post
"Silverman's full-on approach works because she unflinchingly examines these themes with a disarming sweetness."
‑ Rich Cline, Shadows on the Wall
"Ultimately, it's difficult to resist...especially when she comes out with lines like: "I don't care if you think I'm racist - I just want you to think I'm thin.""
‑ Tim Evans, Sky Movies
"Bad-taste material, delivered with an insouciance that looks easy until you see lesser comics trying it, is what she does best: killer gags about seven-year-old lesbians and Jews killing Jesus."
‑ Peter Bradshaw, Guardian
"Silverman comes across as a racist, callous diva in Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic."
‑ Bruce Westbrook, Houston Chronicle
"Silverman's abrasive material is funny because her approach is friendly."
‑ Wesley Morris, Boston Globe
"Her comic persona is that of a clueless and politically incorrect hipster who says terrible things without being aware of their shock value. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't."
‑ Derek Malcolm, This is London
"Skip this one and check Sarah Silverman out on stage for real."
‑ Jeff Otto, IGN Movies UK
"Hit'n'miss gags that target 9/11, rape, the Holocaust and Aids ("If God gives you Aids, I say, 'Make Lemon-Aids'!") prove that Silverman is a gifted performer but that sometimes busting taboos isn't enough in itself."
‑ Kevin Maher, Times [UK]