Scatter My Ashes At Bergdorf's

"No, it's not hard-hitting journalism about retail fashion or conspicuous consumption. It's more like a graceful authorized biography of an institution."
‑ Michael Sragow, Orange County Register
"Much of the window dressing has gone out of fashion. It's nice to revisit it here."
‑ Suzanne S. Brown, Denver Post
"Close to hagiography-but who cares when faced with such an entertaining valentine as this."
‑ Richard Knight, Windy City Times
"A maddeningly unquestioning look at a retail citadel."
‑ David Parkinson, Empire Magazine
"...works both as a large format infommercial for the store and a Rorschach for those of us with our noses pressed against those windows, watching the elaborate working displays of decorator David Hoey. Are we amused or envious?"
‑ Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"There's probably a brilliant documentary to be made at New York department store Bergdorf Goodman. No such luck"
‑ Cath Clarke, Time Out
"As a sociological exercise, it's like another culture. As a film, it's like science fiction, a visit to Planet Obscenely Wealthy. It is weirdly compelling."
‑ Bill Goodykoontz, Arizona Republic
"Even people who find fashion really, really interesting will be bludgeoned brain-dead by this fawning, attention-deficit infomercial of a documentary."
‑ Steve Rose, Guardian
"Fawning, but fun and fashion forward."
‑ Staci Layne Wilson, StaciWilson.com
"For lovers of fashion who think of designers as Greek gods, and Bergdorf's as their Olympus."
‑ James Plath, Movie Metropolis
"The overall feel is less of a cohesive documentary and more of a slapdash scrapbook of facts, historical information and name-dropping."
‑ Debra B. Bass, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"A fascinating doc that accurately captures the luster of the venerated fashion mecca and shows why Bergdorf's has become an American institution ..."
‑ Esther Lee, Philadelphia Inquirer
"Once-upon-a-time tales about Elizabeth Taylor ordering 200 pairs of mink earmuffs, or Yoko Ono's Christmas Eve $400,000 furs-splurge, can't compensate for a lacklustre storyline about the famously intricate Chrimbo shop windows."
‑ Kate Stables, Total Film
"I imagine that watching a movie about Bergdorf's is probably a little like shopping at Bergdorf's. It may feel good in the moment, but in the aftermath, you start to feel a little sick about the whole thing."
‑ Christopher Null, Film Racket
"It's fun to take a glimpse into this rarified world, but it's also a little off-putting when one interviewee explaining Bergdorf's appeal frames it as the aspirational apex of the American Dream."
‑ Marc Mohan, Oregonian