Season of the Witch
Oscar (R) winner Nicolas Cage (National Treasure, Ghost Rider) and Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Hellboy II) star in this supernatural action adventure about a heroic Crusader and his fellow soldier who must transport a woman accused of being a witch to a remote monastery. The arduous journey across perilous terrain tests their strength and courage as they discover the girl's secret and find themselves battling a terrifyingly powerful force that will determine the fate of the world. -- (C) Relativity Media

"After a while, the movie tires of the witch business and trots out a plot twist that permits the effects department to spend money."
‑ Wesley Morris, Boston Globe
"Cage is effective as a falling down drunk in Las Vegas or a treasure hunter navigating goofy road trips but not as a disillusioned champion of the Church going one-on-one with a demon. Steven Seagal would have been more believable."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"The filmmakers try to use special effects to cover up the weaknesses of the story, but even on that point they fail pretty badly."
‑ Jeff Beck, Examiner.com
"Have low expectations for this movie and you might just be surprised."
‑ Ben Rawson-Jones, Digital Spy
"Cage's disappointingly subdued performance stands as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"Another forgettable trifle from Cage."
‑ Leah Rozen, TheWrap
"It's Centurion Deux without the second-coming-of-Carpenter pretense, though you still wish the trashiness were more distinctive."
‑ Keith Uhlich, Time Out New York
"Not the stinker that everyone says it is, but you do have to ignore its flaws in order to be entertained."
‑ James Plath, Movie Metropolis
"I may be in the minority of critics to think so, but Season Of The Witch is an enjoyable medieval thriller that's well-made in spite of some moments of silliness."
‑ Matt Neal, The Standard
"God's teeth!"
‑ Ed Whitfield, The Ooh Tray
"Director Dominic Sena sets a quick pace; the dull moments are brightened by the unexpectedly likable team of Cage and Perlman."
‑ Rafer Guzman, Newsday
"Cage alternates between leaden line readings and thunderous outbursts, making his accomplished costars Ulrich Thomsen and Stephen Campbell Moore look even better. But the movie's worst aspect is the CGI, which packs no scares whatsoever."
‑ Andrea Gronvall, Chicago Reader
"It's an Uwe Boll kind of film that's been directed with a certain degree of competency by previous Cage collaborator Dominic Sena."
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
"Although I will likely be disemboweled from my toes to my nose (metaphorically speaking only, I hope) for this proclamation, I didn't think Season of the Witch was all that bad!*"
‑ Brandon Fibbs, BrandonFibbs.com
"Guns are fun in movies, but bashing about with broadswords speaks to the 12-year-old in all of us."
‑ Burl Burlingame, Honolulu Star-Advertiser