Sex and the City
The hit cable series Sex and the City catwalks its way onto the big screen in this feature-film continuation that fans all over have been clamoring for. Sarah Jessica Parker returns once again as Carrie Bradshaw, the style-maven journalist whose romantic exploits were the key focus of the show. Also reprising their roles are Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon, with the series' executive producer Michael Patrick King taking on writing and directing duties. Several years have passed since viewers last saw Carrie and company, though she's still involved with Mr. Big (Chris… More

"...'Yes,' she said. 'It's Star Trek for women.'..."
‑ Mark Bourne, Film.com
"Why get the band back together if you're not going to add some new songs to the greatest hits?"
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"The ladies settle into the doldrums of marriage and their antics are reduced to a detached series of scenes that involve sulking, yearning or just plain indulging."
‑ David Keyes, Cinemaphile.org
"Ono sto je u tridesetominutnoj epizodi moglo proći kao vrckavi drustveni komentar u dva i pol sata se pretvorilo u praznu ljusturu."
‑ Dragan Antulov, Index.hr
"Reliving the fantasy lush life."
‑ Jules Brenner, Cinema Signals
"This celebration with Carrie & Co. — very much television writ large — seems precisely the Sex and the City reunion the show's fans had hoped for."
‑ Bob Mondello, NPR.org
"Learning and hugging. There's lots of that here â" woman to woman and man to woman â" which satisfies the movie's fantasy fulfillment of both amity and eros."
‑ Richard Corliss, TIME Magazine
"Ultimately, it's this streak of realism that prevents Sex And The City from becoming just another fluffy New York fairytale."
‑ , Digital Spy
"The movie Sex and the City is a heady female fantasy -- I think. I tried to snuggle up to Sex and the City, but the attempt to snuggle for two hours and 20 minutes is in itself a fantasy. Like many typical men, I'm afraid I fell asleep."
‑ Tony Macklin, Fayetteville Free Weekly
"I went in rooting for SATC with everything I had, and it left me a bit disappointed."
‑ Heather Huntington, ReelzChannel.com
"I walked into the theatre hoping for a nice evening and came out as a hard-line Marxist, my head a whirl of closets, delusions, and blunt-clawed cattiness. All the film lacks is a subtitle: The Lying, the Bitch, and the Wardrobe."
‑ Anthony Lane, New Yorker
"It's just that there's been an altitude adjustment -- fewer stilettos, more flats. Ask what women want of a chick flick and one answer may be this -- a pleasant reunion with cherished friends. Ask what women deserve and the answer is better."
‑ Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal
"As amigas de Sex and the City estão entre as criaturas da ficção mais repulsivas que já conheci: fúteis, estúpidas, egoístas e entediantes. Além disso, isto não é um filme, é um catálogo."
‑ Pablo Villaca, Cinema em Cena
"The behemoth 145-minute running time for this lightweight romantic comedy is unforgivable, and that's only the first of this movie's problems."
‑ Jeffrey M. Anderson, Combustible Celluloid
"Wouldn't it be redundant to describe the self-indulgent big-screen adaptation as similarly vapid, pointless, and poorly acted as the popular HBO show upon which it is based?"
‑ Bruce Bennett, Spectrum (St. George, Utah)