Sidekick
When mild mannered computer consultant and comic book fanatic Normal Neale discovers that his coworker Victor Ventura has telekinetic abilities, he makes it his mission to help Victor refine his powers and become a genuine superhero. Sure Norman may know his way around a computer, but his true passions in life are comic books and Andrea - the pretty office receptionist who who's never even cast him a second glance. Every night Norman goes home to his empty apartment and dreams of fighting crime on the streets. Then, one day, Norman realizes that swaggering salesman Victor possesses powers… More

Buy SD $9.99 Rent SD $2.00
- -

"Sidekick improves through every one of its later scenes, building and building to something wildly original."
‑ David Cornelius, eFilmCritic.com
"One of the best superhero films I've ever seen..."
"Mesmo com a produção tecnicamente pobre (explicável pelo baixíssimo orçamento) e prejudicado pela direção amadora e pelo elenco irregular, o roteiro de Sparaga dá origem a um filme com charme e inteligência, embora pudesse ser melhorado."
‑ Pablo Villaca, Cinema em Cena
"You can easily tell that the budget was threadbare. In fact, the catering for the crew probably consisted of tap water and peanut-and-jelly sandwiches."
‑ Brandon Judell, New York Theatre Wire
"...a far more accomplished and flat-out entertaining piece of work than some of its similarly-themed Hollywood brethren."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"After seeing it, I wonder why someone didn't think of this particular idea before."
‑ Robert Roten, Laramie Movie Scope
"A terrifically funny movie about a computer/comics nerd who learns of his co-worker's telekinetic powers and decides to train him."
‑ Chris Knight, National Post
"just as captivating as anything that opens with the Marvel comic's scrawl. This thing has real characters, real emotion, and mostly, real laughs."
‑ Clint Morris, Moviehole
"Sidekick isn't a comedy so much as it is a twist on the genre. It's a solid little film, and I'll be curious to see what these filmmakers do next."
‑ Moriarty, Ain't It Cool Movie Reviews
"Even though I have read a comic or two in my life, it's not just for us nerds....It's a universal story. Honest."
‑ Ryan Cracknell, Movie Views
"In a perfect antidote to this summer's pretentious, superhero extravaganzas, Sidekick is a sweet, indie spoof of the genre. ... It's consistently cute."
‑ Steve Rhodes, Internet Reviews
"A twisted superhero story that has reportedly been purchased for a big-budget Hollywood remake, though this indie version is certainly good enough for multiplexes."
‑ Jeffrey M. Anderson, Combustible Celluloid
"Has more to say about being a hero than most big movie productions, although having even a tiny bit of one of those blockbuster's budgets would have helped."
‑ Scott Nash, Three Movie Buffs
"...a lot of fun to watch, and I hope to see those involved continue to grow."
‑ Luke Y. Thompson, LYTRules.com