Signs
A thriller set in Bucks County, Pennsylvania focusing on the mysterious appearance of a five-hundred-foot design of circles and lines carved into the crops of the family farm. Graham Hess is the family patriarch who is tested in his journey to find the truth behind the unfolding mystery.

"Individual sequences generate an eerie tension that's always deflated, creating a jarring stop-and-go rhythm, and the atmospheric trickery never strays beyond a lot of smoke and mirrors."
‑ Hank Sartin, Chicago Reader
"Shyamalan wants to be the metaphysical poet of movies, but he's dangerously close to becoming its O. Henry."
‑ Peter Rainer, New York Magazine/Vulture
"Excellent, but has some extreme tension and peril."
‑ Nell Minow, Common Sense Media
"Crap circles."
‑ Christopher Smith, Bangor Daily News (Maine)
"I come away from Signs exhilarated by Shyamalan's skill at keeping his audience guessing."
‑ Jeffrey Overstreet, Looking Closer
"Shyamalan is technically a superb film-maker, for all that he's picked up most of his tricks from Spielberg and Hitchcock."
‑ Derek Adams, Time Out
"The same old same old: dull and recycled, with no surprises."
‑ Rex Reed, New York Observer
"Shyamalan is 0 for 3, giving us another incredible movie."
"Mr. Shayamalan is a gifted writer and filmmaker. He definitely has more great films in his future. However, he may need to take a step away from the paranormal thriller."
‑ Joe Lozito, Big Picture Big Sound
"The one good thing about it is that it's over in one hour and 47 minutes. The bad thing is to think what a terrible waste it was of an hour and 47 minutes."
‑ Tony Medley, tonymedley.com
"A refreshing summer movie."
‑ David Ansen, Newsweek
"The movie is almost completely lacking in suspense, surprise and consistent emotional conviction."
‑ Andrew Sarris, New York Observer
"An anti-Independence Day, a cousin of Close Encounters, but most of all, a well-modulated, dread-laden, faith-based mystery. [Blu-Ray]"
‑ Peter Canavese, Groucho Reviews
"M. Night Shyamalan's Signs is Close Encounters of the Corny Kind."
‑ James Verniere, Boston Herald
"A gripping and well-made thriller that preserves Shyamalan's winning streak and shows us, as all the best films do, a world that we're familiar with and believe in, and yet we've never seen, and by which we're endlessly fascinated."
‑ Todd Gilchrist, FilmStew.com