Sobreviviré (I Will Survive)
Sobreviviré (I Will Survive)
Marga (Emma Suarez) is having a streak of bad luck. Through her friendship with Rosa (Mirta Ibarra), she tries to regain her self-confidence, but love interests again create conflict. It is while developing a relationship with a handsome gay sculptor ten years her junior: Inaqui (Juan Diego Botto), that she starts to improve. However, Marga and Inaqui go beyond friendship, but are frustrated by their limitations. Ultimately, the two may have to settle for an "impossible" love relationship, as their unique best road to happiness.

"Familiar, soapy script."
‑ V.A. Musetto, New York Post
"A shameless, straightforward soap opera (no Almodovarian excess here!), but it's pretty entertaining on its own sudsy terms."
‑ Maitland McDonagh, TV Guide's Movie Guide
"It transcends utter schlock by being charming and unapologetic about its unconventional romance."
‑ Dave White, IFilm
"Bears some resemblance to All About My Mother, but lacks its compatriot's flamboyance, content to traffic in glib banalities and unwitting self-absorption."
‑ Ed Park, Village Voice
"Albacete, Menkes and co-writer Lucia Etxeberria have a good ear for dialogue, but demonstrate less certainty at creating a wealth of memorable characters or situations."
‑ Glenn Whipp, Los Angeles Daily News
"Wise, beautifully acted and well-observed."
‑ Kevin Thomas, Los Angeles Times
"A thoughtful, well-acted and well-observed (though bleak) look at what some people have to put up with to get through life."
‑ David Ehrenstein, New Times