Somewhere Slow
When Anna Thompson (Jessalyn Gilsig) gets mixed up in a convenience store robbery, she makes a split-second decision to walk out of her life and into the unknown. On her travels, she meets Travis (Graham Patrick Martin), a teenage drifter on his own journey of self-discovery. Sparse and provocative, Somewhere Slow shines light on how sometimes we must learn to break our own rules to find the lives we've been yearning to live. (C) Screen Media

"A terrific low-budget indie romantic dramedy ..."
‑ Tirdad Derakhshani, Philadelphia Inquirer
"Jeremy O'Keefe directs a tonally all-over-the-place drama that fails to convince."
‑ Alissa Simon, Variety
"Puts viewers on a slow train to Posed Self-Actualization, with too many stops along the way."
‑ Brent Simon, Shockya.com
"Tapping into the near-universal desire for reinvention, Mr. O'Keefe gives us a well-worn story that somehow avoids glaring clichés or forced melodrama."
‑ Jeannette Catsoulis, New York Times
"Reiterates a famous Talking Heads question of midlife existentialism ("You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?") but doesn't offer enough in the way of subtext or mise-en-scène to fashion an answer."
‑ Aaron Hillis, Village Voice
"There are no broad romantic comedy antics or loud arguments to be found here, just a simply told portrait of lost souls that speaks volumes through quiet interaction."
‑ Andrew Johnson, Movie Mezzanine
"Frequently affecting and mordantly funny, "Somewhere Slow" acquits Gilsig as a gifted actress and a producer with great taste."
‑ Inkoo Kang, Los Angeles Times
"Journeys of self-discovery don't amount to much when the people involved are made of cardboard."
‑ Mike D'Angelo, The Dissolve