Sound of My Voice
In Sound of My Voice, Peter (Christopher Denham) and Lorna (Nicole Vicius), a couple and documentary filmmaking team, infiltrate a mysterious group led by an enigmatic young woman named Maggie (Brit Marling). Intent on exposing her as a charlatan and freeing the followers from her grip, Peter and Lorna start to question their objective and each other and they unravel the secrets of Maggie's underworld. -- (C) Fox Searchlight

"As a thriller, 'Sound of My Voice' tails off and its budget shows. But for Marling it's an impressive calling card."
‑ Cath Clarke, Time Out
"There's nothing wrong with asking viewers to fill in some holes. But "Sound of My Voice" leaves you dangling, reaching out for something that's just not there."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"Acted with a subtle nuances throughout, this film's ambiguous ending will elicit much discussion, while the film's delicately handled politics are refreshingly two-sided."
‑ Glenn Dunks, Trespass
"It does look like it was made for a buck and a quarter and is sufficiently ambiguous to be taken as profound."
‑ Ken Hanke, Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)
"Sound of My Voice is an interesting approach to indie sci-fi and a solid introduction to Batmanglij and Marling as bright new talents."
‑ Kofi Outlaw, ScreenRant
""Sound of My Voice" at once dramatizes and questions the power of belief."
‑ Calvin Wilson, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"Behold the trials and tribulations of going undercover. It doesn't matter if it's cop or journalist, a muddying of purpose takes hold once a mole plunges deeper into the darkness."
‑ Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post
"Sound of My Voice is a too-rare example of intelligent, ambitious genre filmmaking."
‑ Scott Foundas, Film Comment Magazine
"A cracker of a film about the seductive power of cults... the film rides largely on the haunting, compelling presence of Marling."
‑ Jim Schembri, 3AW
"A compelling low-budget film which would have been even better if co-writer Marling could wean herself off an infatuation with infuriating conclusions."
‑ Siobhan Synnot, Scotsman
"There is a huge difference between an unexpectedly sudden ending (like The Sopranos) and a non-ending."
‑ Rene Rodriguez, Miami Herald
"The intelligence in it is both soothing and intimidating."
‑ Wesley Morris, Boston Globe
"Sound of My Voice is an eerie film that is completely supported by the performances. It's deliberately vague, which can sometimes be annoying but works fine in this setting."
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
"Either Maggie is the real deal, or she's lying, or we never find out. In any case, anticlimax seems inevitable."
‑ Jake Wilson, The Age (Australia)
"A light puzzler that's not as complex as a rubix cube but more akin to a simple cryptic crossword"
‑ Cameron Williams, The Popcorn Junkie