Springsteen And I
From the makers of Life in a Day comes this crowd-sourced documentary on the one and only "Boss," Bruce Springsteen. Baillie Walsh directs for Scott Free London. ~ Jeremy Wheeler, Rovi
Directed By
© NCM Fathom

Buy SD $5.99 -
- -

"Non-Bruce fans or casual fans may want to check this film out, but it's really for true believers. If it never explains why they're true believers, the real truth is that it doesn't matter."
‑ David Hinckley, New York Daily News
"Springsteen & I captures rock-star and rock-fan power and resolve at its funniest, grittiest and most profound."
‑ Michael Sragow, Orange County Register
"You pity the kids of the more Boss-obsessed but there's pomposity-pricking humour and uplift here, too."
‑ Kevin Harley, Total Film
"The fans are fun but the archival footage, including a large chunk of a live show that will play after the film to boost its meager running time, is the real draw."
‑ Brian Tallerico, HollywoodChicago.com
"One fan defines him as a Working Class Hero. But the words most fans, myself included, want to pass on to Springsteen come straight from the heart: Thank you!"
‑ Michael A. Smith, MediaMikes
"Springsteen and I gathers these homemade tributes into an effusive feature that will resonate with the kind of die-hard Boss fans who helped make it, but quickly grows tiresome for the less devout among us."
‑ John DeFore, Hollywood Reporter
"The movie is essentially made by Springsteen fans, so naturally it's pretty much made for Springsteen fans. Haters need not apply."
‑ Dan DeLuca, Philadelphia Inquirer
"As much as it's a love letter to Springsteen (who provided footage but reportedly had no editorial control over the content), it's also a love letter from fans to fans."
‑ Melinda Newman, HitFix
"Nice, if you like that sort of thing."
‑ Siobhan Synnot, Scotsman
"As much as this is a film about extreme fandom and joys of getting close and personal with a music legend, Walsh's film also offers a neat examination into the art of stage banter."
‑ David Jenkins, Little White Lies
"There are, however, a couple of bits that seem to get to the heart of Springsteen's singular place in the pop music world."
‑ Randy Lewis, Los Angeles Times
""Springsteen & I" can be entertaining. But it never rises above the level of the sort of bonus DVD you sometimes get free with a new album."
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"It's a quirky little film, at turns charming and creepy but ultimately redeeming, about people who are extremely devoted to the 63-year-old rock star."
‑ Austin O'Connor, AARP the Magazine
"This isn't really a film, it's memorabilia."
‑ Robbie Collin, Daily Telegraph
"An entertaining documentary about Bruce Springsteen, his loyal fans, and his impact on their lives."
‑ Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Spirituality and Practice