Stephen Tobolowsky's Birthday Party
Stephen Tobolowsky's Birthday Party
The documentary Stephen Tobolowsky's Birthday Party stars the well-respected character actor as a camera crew follow him around on his birthday, He shares numerous stories about his adventures in Hollywood, and relates a number of strange anecdotes from his remarkable life.

"Think of Stephen as a softer, rounder, more existentially content Spalding Gray, or the film as a My Dinner with Andre in a pullover sweater and sensible shoes."
‑ Mark Bourne, Film.com
"According to Brinkmann, Tobolowsky is the greatest storyteller he's ever heard, and after watching this film, that statement is hard to dispute."
‑ Jeffrey M. Anderson, Combustible Celluloid
"Tobolowski is so skilled and effortless, he proves that while everyone has a story to tell, not everyone can tell a great story."
‑ Collin Souter, eFilmCritic.com
"...it does seem entirely likely that even those who've never heard of [Tobolowsky] will inevitably find themselves won over by the actor's warm, irresistibly inviting persona."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"As possibly the most recognizable character actor of our generation, Stephen Tobolowsky has given us a gift for his birthday. It's a window into his bizarre, unglamorous life."
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
"The kind of party I'd like to attend is the one hosted by Mr. Stephen Tobolowsky - a laid back and quietly classy affair filled with fine wine and lots of great anecdotes."
‑ Scott Weinberg, eFilmCritic.com
"a brilliant, insightful, and hysterical look at one of our great talents."
‑ Danny Minton, Beaumont Journal
"surprisingly, shockingly, enthralling"
‑ Christopher Null, Filmcritic.com
"The late Spalding Gray may have no equal living today to recreate the energy and beauty of his monologues, but Stephen Tobolowsky in this film comes close."
‑ Steve Rhodes, Internet Reviews