The A-Team
Director Joe Carnahan resurrects the popular 1980s-era action series with this explosive reboot following the adventures of four Iraq War veterans who begin a second career as mercenaries for hire. Col. John "Hannibal" Smith (Liam Neeson), Templeton "Face" Peck (Bradley Cooper), B.A. Baracus (Quinton "Rampage" Jackson), and H.M. "Howlin' Mad" Murdock (Sharlto Copley) are a group of former Special Forces operatives who have been fighting the good fight for eight years when they're sentenced to military prison for a crime they didn't commit.… More

"No one(TM)s coming to a big-screen version of the lunkheaded TV show expecting The Hurt Locker. But would it have killed the editors to let a single shot breathe for more than two seconds?"
‑ Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out New York
"I was not charmed by it."
‑ A.O. Scott, At the Movies
""The A-Team" combines over-the-top action scenes with lifeless jokes and the disappointing result is an uninspired action comedy.""
‑ John Hanlon, Big Hollywood
"Mildly amusing is the best I can say for the film."
‑ Greg Maki, Star-Democrat (Easton, MD)
"It may well annoy a few of you as much as it occasionally did me, but it will probably also elicit a good few laughs."
‑ Mike Edwards, What Culture
"Had the action sequences been better framed and presented, this might have been one of the summer's mindless high points. As it is, it's a passable diversion."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"The A-Team is utterly convinced of its own lovability even as it strains our credibility, abuses our patience, and punishes our eardrums."
‑ Dana Stevens, Slate
"This is not exactly a great film, but it is quite an entertaining one. If you're looking for a fun popcorn flick, then you don't need to look any further."
‑ Jeff Beck, Examiner.com
"The Eighties should sue."
‑ Ed Whitfield, The Ooh Tray
"I also love it when a plan comes together, but as well-intentioned as this film might be, 'The A-Team' never gels for me. It's so awash in constant action that it takes all the fun of the characters right out of it."
‑ James Plath, Movie Metropolis
"Let's just be thankful that Carnahan, instead of redoing "The A-Team," didn't remake "Gandhi." The Ganges would have run red. Pacifism is for wussies."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"To the old box-office maxim that trite makes right, a fresh corollary must be attached: Chaos is the new order, and ugly the new beautiful."
‑ Rick Groen, Globe and Mail
"The expression 'brainless summer blockbuster' is often used as a pejorative, but energetic and entertaining popcorn like this shows that that isn't necessarily a bad thing."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"Joe Carnahan shows how the film's titular bad-ass heroes become rogue fighters, but takes an age to do so. The TV show's opening credits managed the same feat in around 20 seconds."
‑ Jason Best, Movie Talk
"... the set pieces are a confused mess and the character chemistry too weak to hold together the sloppy script despite good casting."
‑ Sean Axmaker, MSN.com