The Age of Stupid
Oscar-nominated actor Pete Postlewaite stars in this cautionary look at our changing climate, and what could become of our world should we continue to ignore the warning signs and stop global warming while we still have the chance. The year is 2055, and in a world devastated by mankind's lack of foresight, one lone sole (Postlewaite) seeks the answer to why we let our planet fall to ruin. Looking over archive footage from the year 2007, he sees everyone talking about the damaging effects of global warming, but no one bothering to take the action required to reverse the troubling trend. ~… More

"So tightly constructed and dynamic you leave the cinema energised rather than terrified and depressed."
‑ Ruth Hessey, MovieTime, ABC Radio National
"An eye-opening look at individual contributions to global warming."
‑ Sarah Sluis, Film Journal International
"Communicates something of the massive global impact of our careless, though officially encouraged, consumption, even if Armstrong's outsized ambitions threaten to dissipate some of the movie's force."
‑ Andrew Schenker, Slant Magazine
"Does little more than enumerate the ills and evils of today's world in a cry of panic and accusation, regurgitating those images and messages that serve its cause."
‑ Andrew L. Urban, Urban Cinefile
"Though this narrative device can feel a bit gimmicky and grandiose, it also provides a visual and emotional power that drives home this absorbing film's crucial cautionary message."
‑ Gary Goldstein, Los Angeles Times
"...a run-of-the-mill documentary revolving around the impact that humanity's progressively bad decisions are having on the environment..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"By speaking directly to the disaffected and disinterested, its light tone successfully disguises an intent that could not be more serious or more urgent, which is no small feat."
‑ Brian Duff, FILMINK (Australia)
"Postlethwaite's battered face is a good metaphor for Earth's ravagement. But the film is too overtly left-wing and anti-US to be of inclusive use."
‑ Victor Olliver, Teletext
"A frightening jeremiad about the effects of climate change."
‑ Stephen Holden, New York Times
"Educational and inventive, the documentary speaks with a strong editorial voice from a backward-looking vantage point. It's a narrative device that proves most effective."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"An engaging and urgent attempt to make us all see sense about climate change."
‑ Paul Byrnes, Sydney Morning Herald