The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
David Fincher's The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, an adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's story, re-teams the director with Brad Pitt, who takes on the title role. What makes Button such a curious case is that when he is born in New Orleans just after World War I, he is already in his eighties, and proceeds to live his life aging in reverse. This sweeping film follows the character's unusual life into the 21st century as he experiences joy and sadness, loves lost and found, and the meaning of timelessness. Cate Blanchett co-stars along with Tilda Swinton, Elias Koteas, and Julia… More

"An epic, melancholic romance that employs a multi-generational cast and groundbreaking visual effects. It's a testament to Fincher's skill as a storyteller that the film actually works, albeit sporadically."
‑ Tom Huddlestone, Time Out
"There's leisure to the storytelling, a splendor that captures the movie's celebratory but also melancholy ideas about our time on this mortal coil."
‑ Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post
"Everything sure is pretty, but I'm not sure this movie has anything to say."
‑ Will Leitch, Deadspin
"David Fincher's epic doesn't wallow in nihilistic obsessions, but preached no comforting homily about life's rich pageant either. Life is feel-good in spurts - a series of oddly interconnected, occasionally elating moments that accumulate before death."
‑ Nick Rogers, Suite101.com
"Sure, I cried at the end. I'm not a robot. But I cry at cat food commercials if they punch the right button. I just can't get on the Button train. I wish I could have obeyed my instincts and stayed home."
‑ Karina Montgomery, Cinerina
"With a running time of almost three slow-going hours, the movie definitely makes you feel as though you're aging forward."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button leaves you colder than it should, and it shouldn't leave you cold at all."
‑ Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times
"One of the best half-movies of the year."
‑ Kelly Vance, East Bay Express
"It's not an inherently flawed premise, but it is in writer Roth's saccharine-stained hands. It's frustrating, because it's easy to see how it could have been so much better."
‑ Ian Buckwalter, DCist
"Brad Pitt spends a lifetime aging backward in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and there are points in the movie where your tired hindquarters feel as if they've been along for every minute of his strange journey."
‑ Matt Soergel, Florida Times-Union
"Mostly, the film is an orgy of excess, in which Fincher indulges his passion for luxuriant image-making, with little regard for whether the story merits (or can withstand) such grandiose treatment."
‑ Scott Foundas, Village Voice
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is that rare thing: a truly magical movie."
‑ Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times
"Every decade gets its Forrest Gump. David Fincher's version of a little known (and monumentally depressing) F. Scott Fitzgerald story is this one's. That's either a damning condemnation or just what the doctor ordered."
‑ Joshua Starnes, ComingSoon.net
"La premisa es un trozo puro de fantasía y una reflexión sobre el sentido de nuestras vidas%u2026 y creánme, dicha reflexión es tan sólo antesala de las muchas que contiene este filme."
‑ Luis Martinez, Cinenganos
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is the total package, a deftly assembled fairy tale that unspools like a pleasant dream."
‑ Mike Scott, Times-Picayune