The Day After Tomorrow
What if we are on the brink of a new Ice Age? This is the question that haunts climatologic Jack Hall. Hall's research indicates that global warming could trigger an abrupt and catastrophic shift in the planet's climate. While Jack warns the White House of the impending climate shift, his 17 year-old son Sam finds himself trapped in New York City where he and some friends have been competing in a high school academic competition. He must now cope with the severe flooding and plummeting temperatures in Manhattan. Having taken refuge inside the Manhattan Public Library, Sam manages to… More

"Many of the clichés in this movie predate the last Ice Age."
‑ Peter Rainer, New York Magazine/Vulture
"An exceptionally stupid movie."
‑ Jonathan Rosenbaum, Chicago Reader
""Trite" really isn't doing justice to the degree to which [the film] has not a single thought, character, or line of dialogue that hadn't been run into the ground by the beginning of the '80s."
‑ Tim Brayton, Antagony & Ecstasy
"The ecological theme is not advanced with any subtlety, but so what? The film works with the broad brushstrokes appropriate to a popular entertainment."
‑ Steve Biodrowski, Cinefantastique
"this is one film viewers might want to put off until some time long, long after the day after tomorrow."
‑ Peter T. Chattaway, Christianity Today
"A shambles of dud writing and dramatic inconsequence which left me determined to double my consumption of fossil fuels."
‑ Anthony Lane, New Yorker
"For all of its dire premonitions, foreshadowings of horror and easy targets for Jay Leno jokes, The Day After Tomorrow is eye-poppingly awesome and wonderfully entertaining."
‑ Rex Reed, New York Observer
"Some cool special effects...that's about it."
‑ Nell Minow, Common Sense Media
"High-strung, melodramatic hogwash steeped in a measure of scientific fact. Emmerich takes it as seriously as he can and his movie, as a result, delivers more provocative fun than you might expect."
‑ Christopher Smith, Bangor Daily News (Maine)
"Like any other Emmerich movie, this one is loaded with humor, mostly unintentional."
‑ Bill Clark, FromTheBalcony
"... the situations are just so ludicrous that it really detracts from the quality of the special effects ..."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"It fulfills its summer air-conditioning duties with flippant ease, and its enjoyably cloddish attempts at political relevance add a fascinating layer of incongruity."
‑ Dennis Lim, Village Voice
"This is a popcorn film with a fact based concept, and that's all it is..."
"Don't even get me started on the hilarity of the scene where a bunch of people outrun a blast of freezing air and close the doors on it."
‑ Rob Gonsalves, eFilmCritic.com
"In case you missed the memo, it's official: God hates us."
‑ Brian Juergens, Freeze Dried Movies