The End Of Time
"Recalling the work of Terrence Malick, Werner Herzog and the late Chris Marker" (Hollywood Reporter), Peter Mettler's enthralling new film combines elements of documentary, essay, and experimental cinema to create a tour de force that challenges our conception of time - and perhaps the very fabric of our existence. With stunning cinematography and a knack for capturing astonishing moments, The End of Time travels the planet - from the CERN particle accelerator outside Geneva to the lava flows of Hawaii; from a disintegrating Detroit where Henry Ford built his first factory to… More

"It's easy to mock some of these platitudes, and it's to Mr. Mettler's credit that he never does. His questions are answered with more questions, because words seem ultimately useless in his query."
‑ Miriam Bale, New York Times
"Funny how a film that explodes our conventional notions about time should be so up-to-date with the news."
‑ Peter Howell, Toronto Star
"Mettler is fascinated by the slow process of natural decay, and how much of it is caused by human neglect or interference."
‑ Noel Murray, The Dissolve
"It leaves you without the net of linear temporality, frightened and freed by the implications."
‑ Eric Hynes, Time Out New York
"[I]t's about a series of seemingly disconnected topics linked by an abstract idea, and by a certain exploratory spirit."
‑ Jonathan Romney, Film Comment Magazine
"In painting such a densely existential picture of us all, [Mettler] ultimately engages no one."
‑ Simon Foster, Screen-Space
""We all see our own unique rainbows," he reflects, with an absence of irony that in its own way is sort of endearing. The film goes on like this, glacially, for two hours."
‑ Calum Marsh, Village Voice
"A scientific/philosophical/religious meditation on Time. That's something you don't see in a movie theater routinely, all the more compelling since it is visually rewarding as well."
‑ Louis Proyect, rec.arts.movies.reviews