The Fault In Our Stars
The Fault In Our Stars
Hazel and Gus are two extraordinary teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them - and us - on an unforgettable journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous, given that they met and fell in love at a cancer support group. THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, based upon the number-one bestselling novel by John Green, explores the funny, thrilling and tragic business of being alive and in love.(C) Fox

"While it may not conform to one's real-life expectations it certainly hews tightly to teen-flick conventions."
‑ Geoff Pevere, Globe and Mail
"What in the name of God is wrong with me that I didn't cry once -- I, who just the day before wept through the entirety of my child's thoroughly upbeat school play."
‑ Dana Stevens, Slate
"You should probably not see "The Fault in Our Stars" with anyone you're trying to impress. You'll either end up a puffy, sniffling mess of tears, or you'll finish the movie dry-eyed and convince that person you're a psychopath."
‑ Kimber Myers, The Playlist
"There are some cutesy tendencies that might pander to a certain demographic, but this sensitively rendered adaptation should expand the enthusiastic young fan base for both Green and his book."
‑ Todd Jorgenson, Cinemalogue.com
"Based on the beloved novel by John Green, this film is so squarely slanted toward teen girls that it is likely to annoy everyone else."
‑ Rich Cline, Contactmusic.com
"The film dodges most of the pitfalls of clichéd cancer dramas with humor and natural warmth."
‑ Bruce Diones, New Yorker
"The Fault in Our Stars is a heart-breaker for sure, but it's also a sweet, romantic film full of sudden warmth and humor. It gets everything right about being young and in love for the first time."
‑ Connie Ogle, Miami Herald
"Speaks truth to cancer, only to wade into the puddles of tears it jerks, then bathe there by hyper-eulogizing itself; it even reduces the Anne Frank house to a metaphor for Hazel's struggle and foreplay for the star-crossed lovers' loss of virginity. Ugh."
‑ Brian Gibson, Vue Weekly (Edmonton, Canada)
"Though at times you feel like you're being told when to cry, that doesn't mean you won't start dutifully blubbing on cue."
‑ Paul Whittington, Irish Independent
"Screenwriters Scott Neustadter and Michael H Weber are on hand to lend an alt-indie edge that cuts through the mawkish manipulation ..."
‑ Mark Kermode, Observer [UK]
"An emotional climax arrives every 15 minutes or so, and every affecting moment is underscored with a soppy light-rock song."
‑ Ben Sachs, Chicago Reader
"There's a moment when the breeziness powering the story goes away and medical reality takes over, and Elgort's performance goes to a surprising new place."
‑ Wesley Morris, Grantland
"The Fault in Our Stars is exceptionally high-quality mainstream entertainment, a genuine work of art that exists in the often maligned sub-genre of teen girl-centric melodrama."
‑ Scott Mendelson, Forbes
"Moments of pain go unplumbed."
‑ Stuart Klawans, The Nation
"The film slowly turns into the kind of manipulative, lachrymose melodrama that Hazel herself professes to detest."
‑ Geoffrey Macnab, Independent