The Fog of War - Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara
The Fog of War - Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara
The story of America as seen through the eyes of Robert S. McNamara, the former Secretary of Defense. McNamara, one of the most controversial and influential figures in world politics, leads viewers on an insider's journey through many of the seminal events that shaped the 20th Century.

"For those of my generation, the true resonance in the film may be in the constant juxtaposition between the then and the now of the McNamara life."
‑ Stephen Hunter, Washington Post
"A provocative case study in power and the powerful."
‑ Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post
"It's difficult to imagine anyone from George W. Bush's administration coming forth with such awe-inspiring, agenda-free candor, contrition, insight and misgivings about America's foreign policy. A documentary about morals, respect and blind luck."
‑ Nick Rogers, Suite101.com
"Even handed, but never to a fault, this critical and at times even touching examination of Robert McNamara's life and role in the Cold War is as brilliant as I hoped it would be."
‑ Jason Gorber, Film Scouts
"A fascinating look into the mind of one of 20th century America's most controversial military figures"
‑ Nick Schager, Lessons of Darkness
"Mesmerizing documentary."
‑ Robert Denerstein, Denver Rocky Mountain News
"Fascinating documentary about Robert S. McNamara."
‑ Eric Harrison, Houston Chronicle
"A great and disturbing film."
‑ Thomas Peyser, Style Weekly (Richmond, VA)
"[It] raise[s] complex questions about man's role in that most awful and inherent of human characteristics: our penchant for war."
‑ Eric Melin, Lawrence.com
"McNamara makes a very human monster, a flawed man who regrets that "in order to do good you have to be willing to do evil.""
‑ Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"What's genuinely suspenseful about the movie is its journey into the heart and mind of McNamara."
‑ Jay Boyar, Orlando Sentinel
"An insanely timely cautionary tale about American omniscience and the fallible belief that rationality will always win out."
‑ Rene Rodriguez, Miami Herald
"This is the most culturally significant documentary imaginable and should be mandatory for repeated viewing by all public officials the world over."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"When it comes to war, Robert S. McNamara wants us to know that our history with war has taught us plenty. Not that we've learned much from it."
‑ Christopher Smith, Bangor Daily News (Maine)
"a deeply felt testament of a man struggling to wring meaning and redemption out of history's hard, unyielding surfaces"
‑ Jay Antani, Los Angeles Alternative