The Lake House
A lonely doctor who once occupied an unusual lakeside home begins exchanging love letters with its newest resident, a frustrated architect. When they discover that they're actually living two years apart, they must try to unravel the mystery behind their extraordinary romance before it's too late.

"I can't believe that even the most rabid chick-flick masochists wouldn't gag on it."
‑ Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
"Bullock's decision to play Kate as a morose kill-joy is particularly inexplicable. She's getting letters from some hot architect through a hole in the time-space continuum, and yet her expression remains impassive, her voice flat, her outlook maudlin."
‑ Bruce Newman, San Jose Mercury News
"A satisfyingly sarcasm-free ode to the flickering absurdity of romance"
‑ Fernando F. Croce, CinePassion
"A little under water, but it still floats."
‑ Kamal 'The Diva' Larsuel, 3BlackChicks Review
"Phantom mail ... a postal carrier's worst nightmare ..."
‑ Michael Clawson, West Valley View
"I have always felt that both Ms. Bullock's patented expressions of anguish and Mr. Reeves' stoical minimalism have been somewhat underrated."
‑ Andrew Sarris, New York Observer
"I was hot to trot for the exit halfway through, but a dogged sense of duty kept me stuck in an endless present."
‑ Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal
"Maybe I'm just overly romantic or sentimental or just plain naive, but I probably liked The Lake House more than I should have."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis
"Endless implausibility, cheesy dialogue, and the inert personalities of its charisma-zapped leads conspire to doom this chilly magical mailbox love sham. Nice soundtrack, though."
‑ Bruce Bennett, Spectrum (St. George, Utah)
"An intriguing idea. Too bad the asteroid sized temporal paradox ruins the end of the flm."
‑ Wesley Lovell, Cinema Sight
"The Lake House demands a serious suspension of disbelief, but if you accept it as a romantic bit of nonsense, it has its pleasures."
‑ Anna Smith, Time Out
"Those wishing to suppress real-life traumas may submit to the deliriously stupid romantic time-travel drama The Lake House -- I did and had a jolly time."
‑ David Edelstein, New York Magazine/Vulture
"Time-travel films often bring up a lot of questions, and they often fall apart with thoughtful scrutiny, but that's part of the fun. However, one shouldn't be wondering that the only benefit these two have with this magical mailbox connection is that they"
‑ Michael Szymanski, Sci-Fi Weekly
"Like all good romantic movies there's a beautiful house on the lake and a cuddly dog. Good dialogue, great direction, sweet cinematography and good acting -- even by Keanu."
‑ Ross Anthony, Hollywood Report Card
"Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock bring their respective talents to this badly fumbled attempt at a supernatural romantic comedy."
‑ Urban Cinefile Critics, Urban Cinefile