The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie
The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie
Garrrrr! Working at the Pieces of Ate Dinner Theater is less than exciting when you're a busboy. For three moping misfits--Elliot, Sedgewick and George (Larry the Cucumber, Mr. Lunt and Pa Grape)--all they dream of is the day when they can ditch their dishrags and take stage to star in the big pirate show. But with Elliot's timidity, Sedgewick's laziness and George's lack of self-confidence, it seems as if the day to prove who they really are will never come. Things are about to change when a mysterious ball drops from the sky and lands at the unlikely seafarers' feet. A… More

"It's full of mild goofiness and equally mild messages about believing in yourself. It's all good-natured enough. It just isn't actually good."
‑ Tasha Robinson, AV Club
"I've seen more exciting no-smoking announcements in theaters."
‑ Lou Lumenick, New York Post
"While the movie is harmless, it lacks a certain spark to be really entertaining. Lots of the jokes are flat and obvious, without being awful."
‑ Austin Kennedy, Sin Magazine
"As I wasn't expecting much, I must say that Pirates doesn't disappoint."
‑ Marjorie Baumgarten, Austin Chronicle
"I kept hoping someone would arrive on the scene with a Veg-O-Matic and put a stop to it."
‑ Ken Hanke, Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)
"The trio learns that heroes come in all sizes, hardly a revelation to audiences of any age."
‑ Claudia Puig, USA Today
"Aside from the fun musical scenes, the script is pretty lackluster, and the animation could generously be described as old-fashioned."
‑ Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News
"Not only did I want to go to sleep the entire time, but I wouldn't watch this movie again if you told me my life depended on it."
‑ Kevin McCarthy, BDK Reviews
"...harmless fun for small kids..."
‑ Jim Lane, Sacramento News & Review
"Like steamed veggies: Good for you, but bland."
‑ S. Jhoanna Robledo, Common Sense Media
"This is no savvy Toy Story. It's a boilerplate plot like one you might find in any morning cartoon."
‑ Neil Genzlinger, New York Times
"A gentle adventure-comedy that sails a heroes' journey so straight and true that Joseph Campbell would smile."
‑ Kevin Crust, Los Angeles Times
"Ahoy! There be decent family fare among the January junk seas!"
‑ Linda Cook, Quad City Times (Davenport, IA)
"Young children appreciate all the bouncing shapes and bright colors (speaking of which, you might wonder why Robert the Terrible is a darker shade of green than any of his relatives), but anyone over six will be bored early and often."
‑ Cynthia Fuchs, PopMatters
"The notion of no arms, especially when they're sword fighting and the swords just sort of float in front of their bodies, seems like a long way to go to establish unique cartoon characters."
‑ Larry Ratliff, San Antonio Express-News
More reviews for The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie on Rotten Tomatoes