The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie
Everyone's favorite produce pals set out to seek their fortune on the open seas in this animated adventure from the folks who brought viewers Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie. Elliot, Sedgewick, and George (Larry the Cucumber, Mr. Lunt, and Pa Grape) are all busboys at the Pieces of Ate Dinner Theater, and all long for the day when they can cease cleaning tables and step into the spotlight. If Elliot could overcome his timidity, Sedgewick could muster some motivation, and George could only boost of self-confidence a bit, perhaps their dreams of starring in the big pirate show could finally come… More

"The trio learns that heroes come in all sizes, hardly a revelation to audiences of any age."
‑ Claudia Puig, USA Today
"Aside from the fun musical scenes, the script is pretty lackluster, and the animation could generously be described as old-fashioned."
‑ Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News
"While the movie is harmless, it lacks a certain spark to be really entertaining. Lots of the jokes are flat and obvious, without being awful."
‑ Austin Kennedy, Sin Magazine
"As I wasn't expecting much, I must say that Pirates doesn't disappoint."
‑ Marjorie Baumgarten, Austin Chronicle
"I kept hoping someone would arrive on the scene with a Veg-O-Matic and put a stop to it."
‑ Ken Hanke, Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)
"This is no savvy Toy Story. It's a boilerplate plot like one you might find in any morning cartoon."
‑ Neil Genzlinger, New York Times
"A gentle adventure-comedy that sails a heroes' journey so straight and true that Joseph Campbell would smile."
‑ Kevin Crust, Los Angeles Times
"Not only did I want to go to sleep the entire time, but I wouldn't watch this movie again if you told me my life depended on it."
‑ Kevin McCarthy, BDK Reviews
"...harmless fun for small kids..."
‑ Jim Lane, Sacramento News & Review
"Like steamed veggies: Good for you, but bland."
‑ S. Jhoanna Robledo, Common Sense Media
"I've seen more exciting no-smoking announcements in theaters."
‑ Lou Lumenick, New York Post
"Pirates scores with adventure, humor and a morality tale rather than a standard biblical message."
‑ Luke Sader, Hollywood Reporter
"Ahoy! There be decent family fare among the January junk seas!"
‑ Linda Cook, Quad City Times (Davenport, IA)
"Young children appreciate all the bouncing shapes and bright colors (speaking of which, you might wonder why Robert the Terrible is a darker shade of green than any of his relatives), but anyone over six will be bored early and often."
‑ Cynthia Fuchs, PopMatters
"The notion of no arms, especially when they're sword fighting and the swords just sort of float in front of their bodies, seems like a long way to go to establish unique cartoon characters."
‑ Larry Ratliff, San Antonio Express-News