The Rambler
Upon release from prison, a solitary man known only as "the Rambler" (Dermot Mulroney) embarks on a mysterious journey en route to reconnecting with his long-lost brother. Traversing treacherous back roads, lost highways, and isolated small towns, he unearths a multitude of bizarre and wickedly depraved slices of Americana. (c) Official Site

"Misguided exercise in genre fetishism marks a forgettable misfire."
‑ Justin Lowe, Hollywood Reporter
"The kind of movie where more effort seems to have gone into the cast's wardrobe than their dialogue."
‑ Steve Erickson, Village Voice
"Dermot Mulroney's 'Man with No Name' drifter is all too appropriately at the centre of offbeat auteur Calvin Reeder's 'Film with No Point', The Rambler."
‑ Simon Foster, Screen-Space
"A mixture of unhinged brilliance, idiocy, unsettling confusion, and a whole lot of chaos."
‑ Chase Whale, Twitch
"What all of this means is, frankly, nothing. But it's a handsome nothing, at least until you get sick of the screaming."
‑ Amy Nicholson, Los Angeles Times
"Writer-director Calvin Lee Reeder's randomly splattering take on the back-country-road movie."
‑ Rob Nelson, Variety
"Sinister, comical, aggravating, and audacious, Calvin Lee Reeder's film is nothing short of an affront."
‑ Drew Hunt, Slant Magazine
"Foreboding images abound - crawling lizards, mysterious lights in the sky, a funereal assembly populated by grotesques - along with occasional ambient droning on the soundtrack and moments of mild humor and raw gore. Do the tableaus add up? Not really."
‑ Andy Webster, New York Times
"I can't say I understand Calvin Lee Reeder's intentions concerning The Rambler, but since there's plenty of room for interpretation, I found my own meaning amongst this wacky mess of mummies and red wine."
‑ Matt Donato, We Got This Covered
"Feels like a distant cousin to the new Maniac remake: horror stories told from inside the mind of a calm, cool lunatic."
‑ Scott Weinberg, FEARnet