The Rolling Stones: Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965
The Rolling Stones: Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965
ABKCO Films is proud to join in the celebration of the Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary by announcing exclusive details of the release of the legendary, but never officially released film, The Rolling Stones Charlie is my Darling - Ireland 1965, the cinematic debut of the band. This new cut of the film features newly discovered, never-before-seen or heard performances and will be released in Super Deluxe Box Set, Blu-ray and DVD configurations worldwide on November 6.

"Mostly ... what you see is the intensity of rock 'n' roll at a time when it still felt risky and thrilling."
‑ A.O. Scott, New York Times
"Any Rolling Stones fan -- and quite a few who don't necessarily identify with the band -- will find much that is endearing in Charlie is my Darling."
‑ Frank Pasquine, Paste Magazine
"The kinetically shot concert footage captures the volatile dynamic between performers and audience, as Mick Jagger's provocative posturing is followed by fans storming the stage."
‑ Ronnie Scheib, Variety
"Revisits a time when 'satisfaction' was more about rebel labor of love music than media attention, before it all became corporatized. Along with a discomfort with fame once upon a time, that has now ironically evolved into anxiety when one is without it."
‑ Prairie Miller, NewsBlaze
"Charlie Is My Darling captures the quintet at their most impossibly vernal and beautiful."
‑ Melissa Anderson, Village Voice
"The doc weaves its footage into a meditation on sex, art, and money among a band not yet wearied of all three."
‑ Ted Scheinman, Slant Magazine