The Smurfs

"To play The Smurfs Drinking Game you will need: Two 500cl bottles of Blue Bols (per player), one white sleeping cap, ample powder-blue face paint and too much spare time."
‑ David Jenkins, Time Out
"That two sequels have been announced is terrifying."
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"If your kid loves this, your kid needs to read a book, or even, heck, play a video game. At least you can tell video game characters apart."
‑ Will Leitch, Deadspin
"The kids might enjoy it, but The Smurfs is nothing but an annoying, noisy commercial for Sony products. Save for Hank Azaria's amusing take on Gargamel, the film is fatty junk food."
‑ R. L. Shaffer, IGN DVD
"Once in awhile, a movie sets me searching for its origins. That's what 'The Smurfs' did. I guessed this movie wasn't quite what their creator had in mind - and I was right."
‑ Linda Cook, KWQC-TV (Iowa)
"Gosnell directs as if every scene must be either a nauseating roller-coaster ride or a syrupy melodrama."
‑ Nick Schager, Village Voice
"It's raw and mean-spirited, with too many of the Smurf word substitutions more naughty than nice ("Who Smurfed?" or "Where the Smurf are we?"). That's Smurfed up."
‑ Nell Minow, Chicago Sun-Times
"The Smurfs is a cute family film that suffers from being a little formulaic and uninspired, and the CGI smurfs don't look like the original characters."
‑ Amy Curtis, We Got This Covered
"...a cynical extension, not even an earnest spin-off."
‑ Marsha McCreadie, Film Journal International
"Call me Grouchy, but I say grown-ups should just say smurf it and avoid the film completely."
‑ Sean Axmaker, MSN.com
"The Smurfs ends up being just below average, it won't give you nightmares, and small ones might dig it."
‑ Laremy Legel, Film.com
"The Smurfs mostly takes place in a grown-up world of cosmetics advertising and expectant parents. Without a child character to interpret and join the action, it's a pretty dull way to introduce young viewers to the new blue crew."
‑ Jennie Punter, Globe and Mail
"Filmgoers who enjoyed the cartoon (or comic strips) as a kid will very likely be left with the taste of sour Smurfberries."
‑ Ben Kendrick, ScreenRant
"The Smurf's is a cute film . . . if cute's your thing."
‑ James Plath, Movie Metropolis
"The film indulges in a level of product placement not seen since the glory days of Mac & Me."
‑ Clem Bastow, The Vine