The Women
Mary Haines is a clothing designer who seems to have it all--a beautiful country home, a rich financier husband, an adorable 11-year-old daughter and a part-time career creating designs for her father's venerable clothing company. Her best friend, Sylvie Fowler, leads another enviable life--a happily single editor of a prominent fashion magazine, a possessor of a huge closet of designer clothes and a revered arbiter of taste and style poised on New York's cutting edge. But when Mary's husband enters into an affair with Crystal Allen, a sultry "spritzer girl" lurking… More

"The classic 1939 film adaptation... worth seeing again and again. This is not."
‑ Ben Mankiewicz, At the Movies
"One of the worst movies I've ever seen."
‑ Richard Schickel, TIME Magazine
"The 1930s original feels more cutting-edge than this re-do."
‑ Stella Papamichael, Film4
"an se pio sygkratimeno (pros harin prosomoiosis realismoy) aytoteles spin-off toy Sex and the City"
‑ Joseph Proimakis, Movies for the Masses
"Everything has been smoothed out to the point of tepidity."
‑ Matt Brunson, Creative Loafing
"I love women in real life but at the movies I hated The Women."
‑ Ben Lyons, At the Movies
"In the end, English just wants to make a nice chick flick with some sassy lines. Genuine nastiness has been eliminated, while not-very-funny banter is retained."
‑ Philip Kennicott, Washington Post
"The cinematic equivalent of yoga-class muzak"
‑ Fernando F. Croce, CinePassion
"The Women is not perfect, and the best way to enjoy it is as a showcase for some of the top female acting talent of the day."
‑ Mike McGranaghan, Aisle Seat
"A lazy film that makes the most obvious points about the war between the sexes and, as a result, makes the characters much less interesting than they might have been."
‑ David Stratton, The Australian
"The funniest thing about The Women is that Mick Jagger is one of the producers. There was a knowing laugh in the theatre as his name sprang up in the opening credits -- our last chance to laugh, as it turned out, for the next two hours."
‑ Anthony Lane, New Yorker
"Though aspects of the 1939 comedy seem silly and shrill now, they were at least consistently entertaining. Where the original was deliciously loopy and melodramatic fun, this one is watered-down, sappy and earnest."
‑ Claudia Puig, USA Today
"This is the movie Diane English fought to get made the last 15 years?"
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"...a spectacularly dull film."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis
"I'm afraid I could neither laugh at, nor take seriously, most of this movie."
‑ Julie Rigg, MovieTime, ABC Radio National