The Yes Men
A comedic documentary which follows The Yes Men, a small group of prankster activists, as they gain world-wide notoriety for impersonating the World Trade Organization on television and at business conferences around the world. The film begins when two members of The Yes Men, Andy and Mike, set up a website that mimics the World Trade Organization's--and it's mistaken for the real thing. They play along with the ruse and soon find themselves invited to important functions as WTO representatives. Delighted to represent the organization they politically oppose, Andy and Mike don… More

"A clumsy movie."
‑ Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel
"There are few things as satisfying as watching the wealthy, righteous, powerful or pompous get fully duped. As a result, there is a great deal of satisfaction in The Yes Men."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"...the filmmakers don't have a solid plan for bringing the Yes Men's story to the big screen..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"As an activist art project, it works, but not as a film"
‑ Marty Mapes, Movie Habit
"I wish the film had expanded its view... and yet what we get, while not much, is at least sufficient."
‑ David Cornelius, eFilmCritic.com
"The Yes Men's political performance art is very funny and much care obviously goes into it."
‑ Terry Lawson, Detroit Free Press
"The filmmakers include some good behind-the-scenes footage ... and have unfettered access, but the movie sometimes feels like one long college fraternity stunt."
‑ Bill Muller, Arizona Republic
"As activists, the Yes Men are about as effective as an article in the satirical weekly, The Onion, or any episode of Phil Hendry's radio show"
‑ Jay Antani, Cinema Writer
"Chris Smith is the next great documentarian for mainstream American audiences to discover, and he richly merits a wide release."
‑ Martin Scribbs, Low IQ Canadian
"These guys are just plain good for our collective soul -- they're my new heroes."
‑ MaryAnn Johanson, Flick Filosopher
"The Yes Men has its moments, but they're too few and far between to make us drop our Palm Pilots and dissolve into continuous laughter."
‑ Robert Denerstein, Denver Rocky Mountain News
"The Yes Men feels padded at only 83 minutes, as if the footage had been stretched to fill the running time, but it gets the point across that humanity is sorely missing from the corporate world."
‑ Gary Dowell, Dallas Morning News
"Uproarious subversive documentary that targets the World Trade Organization."
"Bracingly engaging--simply because Bichlbaum and Bonanno are so likeable, hilarious, smart and provocative."
‑ Rich Cline, Shadows on the Wall
"There's definite entertainment value."
‑ Gene Greorits, Orlando Weekly