The Zodiac

"The Zodiac has been made with the dunderheaded flatness of bad '70s TV."
‑ Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
"The B-team version of the story."
‑ Bruce Westbrook, Houston Chronicle
"I hate to waste my time seeing what I know is an incomplete work. Good filmmaking and story telling, though."
‑ Robin Clifford, Reeling Reviews
"It's two, maybe three different takes on the same subject duking it out for airtime, and the resulting struggle only leads to boredom."
‑ David Cornelius, DVDTalk.com
"Great case; mediocre movie."
‑ Steve Rhodes, Internet Reviews
"It has the look of a straight-to-video movie, or at best a Project Greenlight production."
‑ Peter Hartlaub, San Francisco Chronicle
"Have the screenwriters ever studied the concept of arc, how characters evolve from opening to closing credits?"
‑ Michael Granberry, Dallas Morning News
"Whether you're a true-crime buff or just an average cinephile who enjoys a well-crafted film, you'll find something to like about Zodiac."
‑ Kim Voynar, Cinematical
"Though The Zodiac is filled with a strong premise and taut atmosphere, Bulkley hardly ever gives us a reason to care for Johnny or Laura."
‑ Felix Vasquez Jr., Film Threat
"A wan, pedestrian treatment of a notorious unsolved crime"
‑ Frank Swietek, One Guy's Opinion
"The would-be psychological thriller devolves into a plodding domestic drama."
‑ Kevin Crust, Los Angeles Times
"Treats the unfolding murder spree like a routine police procedural."
‑ Bruce Newman, San Jose Mercury News
"The Zodiac case receded into limbo, and Bulkley's film ends on an inconclusive and profoundly unsatisfying note."
‑ Maitland McDonagh, TV Guide's Movie Guide
"A B-movie with just enough heft and factual accuracy to lull us into taking it seriously."
‑ Mark Keizer, Boxoffice Magazine
"Bulkley juxtaposes the benign ordinariness of Vallejo with the savagery of the crime, the wholesome landscape standing in sharp contrast to what happens when no one is looking."
‑ Andrea Chase, Killer Movie Reviews