Third Person
THIRD PERSON tells three stories of love, passion, trust and betrayal, in a multi-strand story line reminiscent of Paul Haggis's earlier Oscar-winning film Crash. The tales play out in New York, Paris and Rome: three couples who appear to have nothing related butshare deep commonalities: lovers and estranged spouses, children lost and found.(C) Sony Pictures Classics

Showtimes near

No showtimes available near this location for this date

""Third Person" is such a solipsistic, navel-gazing creation that it seems to have barely made it out of Haggis' mind and onto the screen."
‑ Rafer Guzman, Newsday
""Third Person" doesn't lack for ambition, and it's nice to see Neeson in the kind of role that he excelled at before he morphed into an action star. But the film may have some folks wishing they'd bought a ticket to "Transformers 4" instead."
‑ Calvin Wilson, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"The stories on their own are compelling enough, and the ridiculously stacked cast has an otherwise solid screenplay to work with."
‑ Austin Trunick, Under the Radar
"Haggis is making a very personal artistic statement, and had break down any walls of hesitation or fear of critical acceptance in order to proceed. He may have lost perspective in the process."
‑ Matt Kelemen, AspectRatio.us
"Puzzling and implausibly fractious, it requires interminable patience and forgiveness."
‑ Susan Granger, SSG Syndicate
"Even if the story begins to melt into itself, at the end it's still fascinating to watch Haggis move his players."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"Trust is essential to any love relationship, writer-director Paul Haggis wants us to know, though he trusts us so little to grasp this theme ourselves that he makes his alter ego here, a world-weary novelist played by Liam Neeson, spell it out."
‑ J. R. Jones, Chicago Reader
"Here is another example of how multiple stories can mystify and challenge you while one story might be written off as too simple."
‑ Mal Vincent, The Virginian-Pilot
"2014 is barely past its midpoint, but, my friends, we have a winner: Paul Haggis' latest is a lock for worst movie of the year. It's a crashing bore with the tagline "Watch Me." Don't."
‑ Rick Kisonak, Film Threat
"Third Person' echoes writer-director Paul Haggis' Oscar-winning "Crash" ─ weakly."
‑ John Wirt, Advocate (Baton Rouge, LA)
"It's all, I'm sorry to say, a melodramatic slog."
‑ Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times
"Plumbing emotional depths, Haggis turns the characters' tribulations onto the viewer: If white is the color of trust -- as Neeson's author writes -- aren't we all a little gray?"
‑ Sean Fitz-Gerald, Denver Post
"The tasteful austerity of style and solid performances can't overcome a script that largely stands between emotional humanity and the viewer."
‑ Peter Canavese, Groucho Reviews
"A glorious failure -- and one that's beautifully produced and acted. More than that, however, it's a bold film and an idiosyncratic work of great ambition and personal integrity."
‑ Ken Hanke, Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)
"When you cast Liam Neeson as your on-screen avatar, you're not exactly raking yourself over the coals."
‑ Rob Thomas, Madison Movie