This is My Father
This Is My Father chronicles the journey of a disillusioned Chicago schoolteacher who returns to Ireland with his nephew in search of the man who was his father. Widowed and childless, the lonely Kieran Johnson is no longer able to relate to his students. His fragile mental state is mirrored by his family circumstances: his mother has had a stroke and is unable (or unwilling) to communicate and his divorced sister, Betty, is burdened with their mother's care while trying to raise her troubled teenage son Jack.

"The disturbing, embarrassing domestic moments and conflicts are quirky, slightly weird, and yet they boast the shock of recognition because they're so true to the strife in every family."
‑ Sid Smith, Chicago Tribune
"An excellent movie the likes of which you don't see too often"
‑ Clint Morris, Film Threat
"This emotionally rich drama speaks poignantly about the passion of love and the power of curses."
‑ Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Spirituality and Practice
"Like all stories, it belongs to the teller, not the subject."
"Playing a doomed farmer in 1939 Ireland, Aidan Quinn is at the top of his game -- but fans may be shocked by his very different physical appearance here."
‑ Betty Jo Tucker, ReelTalk Movie Reviews
"Every Thanksgiving we often over-indulge and This Is My Father feels somewhat bloated after telling an over-long sentimental ballad of love gained and lost."
‑ Elias Savada, Nitrate Online
"The impassioned romance is enough to recommend it."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"...alternately gentle and painful"
‑ Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"A mournful but nicely affecting romantic tragedy."
‑ Harry Haun, Film Journal International