This Is Where I Leave You
This Is Where I Leave You
The dramatic comedy "This is Where I Leave You" is directed by Shawn Levy, and based on the hilarious and poignant best-selling novel by Jonathan Tropper. It features a starring ensemble cast including Golden Globe winner Jason Bateman ("Arrested Development"); Golden Globe and Emmy Award winner Tina Fey ("30 Rock"); and two-time Oscar (R) winner, multiple Golden Globe honoree and 2013 Emmy Award nominee Jane Fonda ("Klute," "Coming Home," HBO's "The Newsroom"). (c) Warner Bros

Showtimes near

No showtimes available near this location for this date

"In the best dramedies, of course, laughter and tears alternate seamlessly and gracefully, and you leave both entertained and enlightened. Alas, this isn't that film."
‑ Jocelyn Noveck, Associated Press
"The most charitable thing you can say about This Is Where I Leave You is that it is resolutely innocuous -- a nothing of a movie, neutered and sanitary."
‑ Calum Marsh, Village Voice
"...a misbegotten, ineffective adaptation."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
""This is where I leave you" is what Warner Bros ought to have said after reading the script."
‑ Tom Glasson, Concrete Playground
"Once the many plot points have been ratcheted up, the solutions begin. Characters keep meeting in pairs, with Judd tentatively romancing former acquaintance Penny (Rose Byrne), for dialogue that states the obvious and leads to a rapprochement."
‑ Craig Mathieson, The Age (Australia)
"Once in awhile, a reviewer's darkest suspicions about a film butt up against a sneaky pleasure in its incidental epiphanies. I confess to being conflicted."
‑ Richard Corliss, TIME Magazine
"Mawkish, self-satisfied and false, This Is Where I Leave You strenuously attempts to wring poignancy from its familial clashes and catharsis. More often, it's cringe-inducing."
‑ Christy Lemire, ChristyLemire.com
"Pretends to put the fun in dysfunctional-family dramedy when it's not dispensing little bromides in hard-to-swallow bulls**t pablum form. It's all the most sanitized, safe, shticky way to show kidults' lives getting complicated. Sickeningly self-involved."
‑ Brian Gibson, Vue Weekly (Edmonton, Canada)
"There is never long between jokes, which tend to be crude and single note, riffing on the idea of "normal" people doing wacky things."
‑ Luke Buckmaster, Crikey
"There are a few enjoyable moments, with Fey and Fonda making you wish they had a movie of their own, but sadly the narrative is more concerned with the boys, whose relationship crises are altogether more formulaic and less interesting."
‑ Mark Kermode, Observer [UK]
"Occasionally, Hollywood will step forward with a family drama that actually manages to tinker with actual pain... "This Is Where I Leave You" has no edge, no darkness, no texture, no character to speak of."
‑ Witney Seibold, TheWrap
"This Is Where I Leave You amounts to everything I can't stand about certain American movies. It gathers too many good, smart actors and gives most of them almost nothing interesting to play."
‑ Wesley Morris, Grantland
"There are moments when it's far too sugary for its own good, and the script can't quite find the right amount of laughs or tears, but for all that it still made me smile."
‑ Martin Roberts, Fan The Fire
"... mostly feels like a failed sitcom pilot, with a normally reliable ensemble cast that's unfortunately squandered by the subpar material."
‑ Todd Jorgenson, Cinemalogue.com
"Presents a checklist of "dramedy" clichés that have been executed in much better ways in much better movies."
‑ Matthew Pejkovic, Matt's Movie Reviews