This Is Where We Live
This Is Where We Live
Welcome to THIS IS WHERE WE LIVE, a slice-of-life drama set in the Texas Hill Country. A struggling family's dynamics are challenged and a unique friendship is born when a small-town Texas handyman becomes caregiver to their son with cerebral palsy. (C) Official Facebook

"It's sharply written, and moving without being mawkish, painting a portrait of people that we feel like we know."
‑ Cary Darling, Fort Worth Star-Telegram/DFW.com
"This Is Where We Live benefits from the good taste of the filmmakers, whose appetite for understatement ensures that the picture maintains dramatic effectiveness and only rarely lurches into histrionics."
‑ Zachary Wigon, Village Voice
"Bleak, with moments of heart and even cuteness. "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" without the laughs."
‑ Roger Moore, Movie Nation
"This beautifully acted, admirably understated drama never succumbs to mawkishness."
‑ Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter
"An admirably restrained, respectful portrait of the kinds of Americans contemporary films generally avoid showing at all--or if they do, treat with heavy-handed mawkishness."
‑ Frank Swietek, One Guy's Opinion
"THIS IS WHERE WE LVIE feels like a specimen of untempered life. Nothing rings false in this unassuming film."
‑ Meredith Borders, Badass Digest
"Though the developing bond between the two men - one of whom is virtually nonverbal - is credible and even touching, the storytelling is too oblique to reel you in."
‑ Jeannette Catsoulis, New York Times
"Melancholic, tender and understated."
‑ Avi Offer, NYC Movie Guru