To Age Or Not To Age
To Age Or Not To Age
Is it possible to live forever? In this documentary, filmmaker Robert Kane Pappas explores the possibility of staving off old age and, as a result, the onset of disease. Some scientists claim the genes that control aging can be altered to give us more time on Earth - quality time in which we could be both happy and healthy. But what would be the moral implications of such experiments, and who would benefit from these potential medical breakthroughs? Just because we could prevent aging, does that mean we should? Dr. Cynthia Kenyon and Dr. Thomas Kirkwood weigh in with their answers to these… More

"It is not that you disbelieve their claims; they could very well be valid. It is that they are presented so clumsily and without any outside analysis that the movie plays like a poorly produced infomercial."
‑ Stephen Holden, New York Times
"Too bad Pappas limits any critical perspective on this project to brief, superficial discussions with a handful of wealthy "artists" at their Hamptons homes..."
‑ Andrew Schenker, Village Voice
"The innocuous title says it all about this documentary which shoots itself in the foot, constantly swerving from fascinating scientific discourse to inane cocktail-party chatter."
‑ David Noh, Film Journal International