Tracks
Director John Curran (THE PAINTED VEIL, WE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE) and the producers of THE KINGS SPEECH bring you the film TRACKS, which tells the remarkable true story of Robyn Davidson (Wasikowska), a young woman who leaves her life in the city to make a solo trek through almost 2,000 miles of sprawling Australian desert. Accompanied by only her dog and four unpredictable camels, she sets off on a life-changing journey of self-discovery. Along the way, she meets National Geographic photographer Rick Smolan (Driver) who begins to photograph her voyage. (C) Weinstein

Showtimes near

No showtimes available near this location for this date

"Screenwriter Marion Nelson's overly expository dialogue reduces Robyn to an explorer-type daddy's girl we've met before, trudging diligently through the heat and dust, throwing off clichés."
‑ Ella Taylor, NPR
"The desert trek in "Tracks" is as brutal as it is beautiful; the performance by Mia Wasikowska as raw as the reality. And the camels? If they don't steal your heart it must be stone-hinged."
‑ Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times
"This should be an inspirational film for young women everywhere."
‑ Robin Clifford, Reeling Reviews
"Both an incredible (and occasionally harrowing) adventure and an uncompromising, tough character study ..."
‑ Glenn Kenny, RogerEbert.com
"Ably supported by Adam Driver, Mia Wasikowska commands the screen in John Curran's superbly photographed drama based on a true story."
‑ Don Groves, Film Journal International
"Tracks is an exhilarating adventure that opens up an unknown world to most of us and does it so well that we feel we're living it too."
‑ Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
"Although I haven't read the book, the movie makes me want to do so by quoting judiciously from what is obviously distinctive writing."
‑ Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal
"'Tracks' is a humbling and enthralling experience as any you'll experience in a cinema."
‑ Kirk Honeycutt, honeycuttshollywood.com
"The stars aligned for British director John Curran ("The Painted Veil") and he has created a spectacular adventure story without losing Robyn's personal, interior journey."
‑ Laura Clifford, Reeling Reviews
"Tracks is a beautiful, cathartic piece of process storytelling ... do yourself a favor and watch it on the largest screen you can find."
‑ Austin Trunick, Under the Radar
"The story of a singular, go-it-alone young woman who's happiest away from people, and in the company of animals."
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"Wasikowska makes for excellent company. We watch her mature from idealistic dreamer to a weary, hard-worn adventurer."
‑ Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News
"Curran keeps the conflict muted without compensating with a more arresting and distinctive visual journey."
‑ Scott Tobias, The Dissolve
"It's a film that avoids empowering movie cliches, except when it doesn't."
‑ Matt Prigge, Metro
"A beautiful and inspirational story, and a real filmmaking coup for Curran which should be getting a far more high-profile release than it's being given."
‑ Edward Douglas, ComingSoon.net