Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Two years after saving the world with the Autobots, Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) is away at college when an ancient Decepticon named "The Fallen" returns to Earth on a mission of vengeance. With the Allspark destroyed, the Autobots lose all hope of returning to their home planet of Cybertron, and begin working with an elite military known as NEST to hunt down any remaining Decepticons. But even as they fight for humanity alongside Major Lennox (Josh Duhamel) and USAF Master Sergeant Epps (Tyrese Gibson), the Autobots are acutely aware that not all humans are thrilled by their presence… More

"The movie is like the play date from hell, the kind where a crew of children reduce your home to rubble and conduct endless bouts of loud war on the living-room floor while you ponder the propriety of opening a bottle of wine."
‑ Mary F. Pols, TIME Magazine
"Much of the movie is computer-generated hash, weightless even with nonstop BOOMS and METAL GROANS and THUDS."
‑ David Edelstein, New York Magazine/Vulture
"Eager to get myself into the right mindset for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, I turned to the multiplex patron sitting next to me and politely asked him to slam my head against the forward seatback."
‑ Paul Brunick, Film Comment Magazine
"The first Transformers may not have been bigger, but it was certainly better."
‑ Jim Vejvoda, IGN Movies
"A minor improvement over its nigh abominable predecessor..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"I would like to think that even if I was 14, either in body or spirit, I would still find this film an impossibly, incomprehensibly overlong and cacophonous bore."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"The movie rages on for a hundred and fifty minutes and then just stops, pausing for the next sequel."
‑ David Denby, New Yorker
"If Bay has one consistent artistic inclination other than the lowest common denominator, it's his obsession with fascistic imagery."
‑ Michael Saba, Paste Magazine
"Few elements of Fallen are completely odious unto themselves, but rolled together it becomes a wave of inescapable proportions."
‑ Rob Humanick, House Next Door
"I had a pretty excellent time."
‑ Dave White, Movies.com
"It adds up exactly as you'd think if you've seen a moving picture before; the motivations are simple while the laughs pound you about the head and face."
‑ Laremy Legel, Film.com
"It is as if Michael Bay was saying "You think I've blown stuff up before? Ha-ha. Wait till you see this.""
‑ Ben Mankiewicz, At the Movies
"Mostly it's punch-your-face loud."
‑ Jeff Meyers, Metro Times (Detroit, MI)
"Built from the ground up to be a popcorn-devouring, eye-popping, nostalgia-sparking crowd-pleaser."
‑ Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
"The people Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was made for will like it for what it is. Which is probably the saddest thing about it. As long as you're willing to accept crap, you're not likely to get anything better."
‑ Joshua Starnes, ComingSoon.net