Trashed
Trashed - No Place For Waste with the participation of Jeremy Irons, looks at the risks to the food chain and the environment through pollution of our air, land and sea by waste. The film reveals surprising truths about very immediate and potent dangers to our health. It is a global conversation from Iceland to Indonesia between the film star Jeremy Irons and scientists, politicians and ordinary i ndividuals whose health and livelihoods have been fundamentally affected by waste pollution. Visually and emotionally the film is both horrific and beautiful: an interplay of human interest and… More
Directed By
© Blenheim Films

"The movie, as have other eco-documentaries, chillingly examines how endless bits of the toxic material routinely flood our oceans, harm its inhabitants and find their way into the fish we eat."
‑ Gary Goldstein, Los Angeles Times
"The form is straightforward, if a little meandering, as is the message: We have to fix this."
‑ Michelle Orange, Village Voice
"Some arguments are a bit hamfisted, and Irons plays the serious journalist card a little too hard, but overall, Trashed is thought-provoking and illuminating."
‑ Jamie S. Rich, Oregonian
"A timely doc that seeks to amuse and inform as much as alarm."
‑ David Parkinson, Empire Magazine
"While there are a few interesting case studies thrown into the mix - the massive swirling island of plastic 'soup' in the Pacific being one - overall there's just not enough material of interest here."
‑ Gail Tolley, The List
"If we must talk trash, Mr. Irons - assisted by a scientist or two and Vangelis's doomy score - is an inspired choice of guide."
‑ Jeannette Catsoulis, New York Times
"While its techniques are manipulative -- it's certainly no margin-call to say that Vangelis's two-dimensional score barely lets up from start to finish -- the picture ultimately swerves pitfalls of hectoring preachiness."
‑ Neil Young, Hollywood Reporter
"A vividly sketched doc of environmental warning which deploys co-producer Jeremy Irons as its inquisitive guide, Candida Brady's film serves as a compelling indictment of modern profligacy."
‑ Brent Simon, Shared Darkness
"Jeremy Irons talks Trashed, as the actor turned civilian ventures across the globe in search of solutions to the ecological crisis of mounting waste material everywhere. While uniquely casting himself as a protagonist in a documentary."
‑ Prairie Miller, WBAI Radio
"A committed, thought-provoking documentary."
‑ Lee Marshall, Screen International
"Crucial viewing for realists and alarmists both."
‑ Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News
"Earnest but rather televisual."
‑ Leslie Felperin, Variety
"This eye-opening and educational documentary about the shocking and brutal effects of our global waste problem will make you sit up, listen, and reconsider your lifestyle and diet choices."
‑ Jennifer Tate, ViewLondon
"A patchy but grimly compelling documentary about the environmental threat of rubbish."
‑ Robbie Collin, Daily Telegraph