Treasure Planet
Fifteen-year-old Jim Hawkins stumbles upon a map to the greatest pirate trove in the universe. The tale follows Jim's fantastic journey across a parallel universe as cabin boy aboard a glittering space galleon. Befriended by the ship's charismatic cyborg (part man, part machine) cook John Silver, Jim blossoms under his guidance, and shows the makings of a fine spacer as he and the alien crew battle supernovas, black holes and ferocious space storms. But even greater dangers lie ahead when Jim discovers that his trusted friend Sliver is actually a scheming pirate with mutiny in mind.… More

"It's laced with literate humor, and the directors cite N.C. Wyeth's illustrations for the 1911 Scribner's edition of Treasure Island as the inspiration for their marvelously detailed fantasy world."
‑ Bill Stamets, Chicago Reader
"There's enough meaty plot and character left beneath the fancy effects to make watching the film a satisfying experience."
‑ Daphne Gordon, Toronto Star
"The addition of an insufferable robot named B.E.N. (Martin Short) cripples much of the film's momentum and renders many of the latter scenes unwatchable (a friend once dubbed B.E.N. "the Jar-Jar Binks of animation," and she was absolutely right)."
‑ Matt Brunson, Creative Loafing
"Outer-space pirate treasure hunt lots of fun; fab animation."
‑ Nell Minow, Common Sense Media
"Swashbuckling, intergalactic fun."
‑ Mark Halverson, Sacramento News & Review
"While Pixar can do no wrong with its cutting edge CGI originals, Disney is falling back on old formulas"
‑ , Time Out
"It just may inspire a few younger moviegoers to read Stevenson's book, which is a treasure in and of itself."
‑ Eleanor Ringel Gillespie, Atlanta Journal-Constitution
"Given the amazing artwork, if a better character [than a cyborg John Silver] had been inserted, we'd be talking about "Treasure Planet" as another Disney classic."
‑ James Plath, Movie Metropolis
"Like stepping forth, in an explosion of colors, weird body shapes and bad comedy, into somebody else's migraine."
‑ Tim Brayton, Antagony & Ecstasy
"Inspired visuals and fluid animation, even blown up on IMAX, weren't enough to prevent me from being bored out of my skull."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"I think kids will find it really entertaining, and parents will find it amusing enough."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"One of the most gorgeous Disney films ever."
‑ Bill Muller, Arizona Republic
"The awkward trappings of this Disney adventure mechanize and blunt the tale's humanity. It pops and squeaks and rumbles, but Treasure Planet lacks the strength to transport audiences. [Blu-ray]"
‑ Peter Canavese, Groucho Reviews
"By following its story as closely as they have, the filmmakers have retained much of what made the novel a classic."
‑ Steven D. Greydanus, Decent Films Guide
"Hey mom, I went to another planet and found money for you to buy back the family farm. Sure, I blew up the planet in the process, but aren't you proud of me?"
‑ Jeffrey Overstreet, Looking Closer