Under Our Skin
About the one of the most controversial illnesses in America today: Lyme disease. Most people think of Lyme disease as that thing you can catch from a tick bite, but few know the true graveness of one of the most dangerous epidemics currently afflicting people across the nation. Here, we examine not just the science of the bacteria that causes Lyme disease and the politics of the controversy but also the personal stories of those whose lives have been affected and nearly destroyed.

"We may not get to argue both sides of the debate, but Under Our Skin stirs the deepest emotions and reveals the most unsettling truth: We're all vulnerable to a tick bite, sure, but it's the health care system that really gets us in the end."
‑ Justin Berton, San Francisco Chronicle
"Under Our Skin has a major ax to grind, but if even half of what it alleges is true, it's more deeply terrifying than any slasher film you'll ever see."
‑ Michael O'Sullivan, Washington Post
"...a well-made yet overlong documentary exploring the hidden epidemic of Lyme disease..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"Well-researched investigative medical documentary over the hidden story of Lyme disease."
"The film is certainly interesting, but considering its excessive running time, very little is given over to the opposing view...One doctor's court trial never makes it clear if any of patients had less than desirable results."
‑ Laura Clifford, Reeling Reviews
"Heartbreaking stories of patients suffering life-shattering illness make "Under Our Skin'' compelling. It would have been an even better movie if the filmmakers had been more diligent in following the money."
‑ Joel Brown, Boston Globe
"Scary enough to make the faint of heart decide never to venture into the woods or to lie on the grass again without protective covering."
‑ Stephen Holden, New York Times
"An infectiously persuasive account of chronic Lyme, a disease that has politicized the medical community."
‑ Sarah Sluis, Film Journal International
"The information it presents is eye-opening for medical consumers and health professionals of any stripe. And the film incidentally makes a great case for health care reform."
‑ Marjorie Baumgarten, Austin Chronicle
"This compelling account of the explosive growth of Lyme disease grows to encompass all the peculiar politics, corruption and inertia of American medicine."
‑ Michael Sragow, Baltimore Sun
"Frightening, powerful stuff."
‑ Gary Goldstein, Los Angeles Times
"Under Our Skin is a frightening documentary about Lyme disease, so called because it was first noticed in Lyme, Conn."
‑ V.A. Musetto, New York Post
"What concerns Wilson is why there is so little public discussion of the most common vector-borne disease in the country, and why the disease has become so politicized and controversial."
‑ Ian Buckwalter, DCist
"This far-ranging documentary is a real eye opener, presenting its wealth of information and analysis in a clear, well-flowing manner."
‑ Robin Clifford, Reeling Reviews
"The medical establishment bows under a new disease and patients suffer while insurance companies look the other way."
‑ Ron Wilkinson, Monsters and Critics