Under the Sea 3D
Experience up-close encounters with some of the most remarkable marine life ever captured on film while examining the impact of global climate change on the ocean wilderness as award-winning director/cinematographer Howard Hall (Into the Deep, Deep Sea 3D) travels from South Australia to the Indo-Pacific to teach viewers the importance of keeping our oceans clean for future generations. Just how great of an effect does global warming have on marine wildlife, and what can be done to ensure the future well-being of our planet? As the filmmakers reveal the delicacy of our fragile ecosystem,… More
Starring
Directed By
© IMAX/Warner Bros.

"The footage is spectacular, the colors electric, the life aquatic trippier than anything you'll see in even the most wildly imaginative animated fare."
‑ Steven Rea, Philadelphia Inquirer
"Even about halfway in, even having settled into your seat with those plastic glasses nestled on your nose, you'll still find yourself dazzled again and again by the impossibly breathtaking beauty of the IMAX adventure Under the Sea 3D."
‑ Christy Lemire, Associated Press
"Stunning vision of the beautiful -- and fragile -- ocean."
‑ Renee Schonfeld, Common Sense Media
"While some of the content may go over younger viewers' heads, it introduces them to complex issues while entertaining them with footage of playful sea lions and slithering snakes that appear to swim right toward your face."
‑ Amy Wheeler, FILMINK (Australia)
"People of any age will be fascinated by the Imax documentary Under the Sea, a riveting look at submarine life around the coast of Australia. I've never experienced such good use of 3D."
‑ Philip French, Observer [UK]
"It's impossible not to be wowed by some of the images in Under the Sea 3D,
the coolest of which are a nice
reminder that, even in the age of CG wizardry, the best special effects still come straight from Mother Nature."
‑ Adam Markovitz, Entertainment Weekly
"The plot may not be much -- amazing creatures live in the sea and if we keep polluting the world a bunch of them will die, so let's stop being such jerks -- but the visuals are absolutely fantastic."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"This film is lovely to look at and would make an ideal vehicle for introducing kids to the world of oceanography and marine biology."
‑ Phil Hall, EDGE Boston
"Under the Sea 3D offers a rare and gorgeous look at marine life from the heart of the Coral Triangle."
‑ Renie Scolaro Mora, PopMatters
"At times, the writing becomes a bit like a sermon about the woes of the oceans, but, in all honesty, I think we can't hear it enough that our environments are changing ----- and not for the better."
‑ Jeanne Kaplan, Kaplan vs. Kaplan
"Under the Sea 3D is a beautiful reminder that movies can take us to places we've never been before. There are still worlds to conquer out there that don't require the gussying up of CGI effects to hold our attention."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"If you're not taking the family on an exotic beach vacation anytime soon, consider this a reasonable alternative."
‑ Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News
"...if you measure it in terms of the sheer beauty of its presentation, its value is probably incalculable."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis
"Strictly fodder for the preteen set, Under the Sea 3D, the latest IMAX deep-sea-dive exploration (brought to you by the fisheye's point of view), is expectedly rudimentary but a splendor to watch."
‑ Adam Keleman, Slant Magazine
"This incredibly ambitious undertaking could only be accomplished by people with a strong love of what they are doing, and patience to match."
‑ David Kaplan, Kaplan vs. Kaplan