Under the Skin

"All this is initially fascinating, and then progressively less so."
‑ Liam Lacey, Globe and Mail
"A direct descendant of Nicolas Roeg's classic "The Man Who Fell to Earth," "Under the Skin" is the kind of movie people will be talking about, and dissecting and puzzling over, for years."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"Offering a compelling, alien's-eye view of our murky human world, Under The Skin is dark, edgy, mysterious and very strange, with the most distinctive score since There Will Be Blood chipping away at our nerves."
‑ Graham Young, Birmingham Mail
"Stunning to behold, often impossible-seeming, hypnotic and profoundly affecting, Under the Skin achieves what some sci-fi films could only ever dream of: actually taking us to another universe entirely."
‑ Simon Miraudo, Quickflix
"Glazer's Sexy Beast and Birth were idiosyncratic but Under The Skin trumps them triumphantly, being compelling, weird, intensely disturbing and ultimately bizarrely moving. Many of its images are shockingly vivid for me two weeks after having seen it."
‑ CJ Johnson, ABC Radio (Australia)
"Most of Under the Skin operates on an almost subconscious level. The truth is out there in Glazer's screenplay, which he co-wrote with Walter Campbell, but it's intuitive rather than didactic."
‑ Peter Howell, Toronto Star
"Visually stunning but virtually indecipherable ..."
‑ Calvin Wilson, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"The lack of clarity is part of the film's appeal. Under the Skin stubbornly refuses to explain itself, letting Johansson's voluptuous body do the talking."
‑ Deborah Kennedy, Willamette Week
"Under the Skin is moody and strange and mysterious, but ultimately, it's about the human race, about what a dispassionate observer might think of us, if she were seeing us for the first time."
‑ Will Leitch, Deadspin
"Being forced to engage with the material just to try and make sense of what we're seeing is part of what makes this so compelling."
‑ Anthony Morris, The Vine
"One of the most polarizing movies in recent years."
‑ Richard Roeper, Richard Roeper.com
"Under the Skin definitely gets under your skin."
‑ Steven Rea, Philadelphia Inquirer
"Under the Skin is a hollow film with a fascinating premise that could have been so much more."
‑ Jeff Beck, Examiner.com
"Glazer has worked an extended thread of extremely earthbound vérité footage into a film that tells the most outré intergalactic story."
‑ Jonathan Romney, Film Comment Magazine
"Johansson is brave and memorable and, though you may at times wonder what on earth's going on, Under the Skin may just get under your skin."
‑ David Stratton, The Australian